Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Kearny/Harrison, NJ

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Supercharger not on the map but can confirm it’s here!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    312.7 KB · Views: 72
Reactions: Acps110
Well, it's better than nothing, and better than having to rely on Paramus. Only getting 70-90kW (Model S) when I arrive with 20% SoC. I guess colder temps slows it down. Also the area doesn't smell too nice and I almost got carjacked the other night :\ But hopefully Parsippany and Rockaway will be live soon.

• Helpful
Reactions: Autumn
Care to share some of the details of what happened?

I was sitting at the supercharger. An SUV pulls up right by my car. Two women come out, motion to me. I wave no. They do it again, so I roll down the window 2 inches. They start asking about the car, I explain to them that it's electric, etc. They then ask how I get in the car, I say it's a key fob. Then then begin to push on the door handles, one of them goes around and pushes on the passenger side. (Car is locked). I roll up the window, she tries to put her hand but couldn't. They they jump in their car and drive off.

I did file a police report. Who knows. But right now I'm not really comfortable going to that location after dark.

I was sitting at the supercharger. An SUV pulls up right by my car. Two women come out, motion to me. I wave no. They do it again, so I roll down the window 2 inches. They start asking about the car, I explain to them that it's electric, etc. They then ask how I get in the car, I say it's a key fob. Then then begin to push on the door handles, one of them goes around and pushes on the passenger side. (Car is locked). I roll up the window, she tries to put her hand but couldn't. They they jump in their car and drive off.

I did file a police report. Who knows. But right now I'm not really comfortable going to that location after dark.

Sorry that happen and glad nothing happen to you but good to know not to go in that area after dark...

Only 2 chargers (4 stalls) working right now. The other spaces are blocked by cones. Seems like someone from Tesla with CA plates is working on some of the supercharger cabinets. He actually asked me to move stalls so he could shut off the one I was at. Seems early for needing a repair. Hopefully it’s an upgrade.

Attachments

• C028C43D-9457-43DC-BF12-191D7C8FEDA0.jpeg
    C028C43D-9457-43DC-BF12-191D7C8FEDA0.jpeg
    469.2 KB · Views: 64
  • Informative
Reactions: zhu-