Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Kearny/Harrison, NJ

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Stopped by today and there is a transformer now! Hope it will open soon.

05C2692B-86E3-416C-8818-F6B2433F22C4.jpeg

Was in the area this morning. Still waiting for the meter to be installed. Sorry for the terrible pic.

View attachment 368643

I drove by this weekend as well and also saw a line of 4-5 cars waiting for the tire air pump at the corner where the white SUV is. The organic line position blocks half the superchargers but there's enough room there where hopefully they'll wait closer to the gas station so the superchargers aren't blocked when it opens.

I drove by this weekend as well and also saw a line of 4-5 cars waiting for the tire air pump at the corner where the white SUV is. The organic line position blocks half the superchargers but there's enough room there where hopefully they'll wait closer to the gas station so the superchargers aren't blocked when it opens.

Yup, I noticed the same thing when I took that pic. In fact, if you look at the pic (2 posts above), you can see the 4 cars that are queued up to use the tire pump...white SUV in the front and red car in the back.

From what I could tell, I don’t anticipate that being major ICE’ing concern. The cars should move through quickly and it looks like there is enough clearance to supercharge and form a queue.

Just drove by and still no meter yet.

Should all the transformers be gated and not all open like the picture above or will they wait until it's live then install a gate around the whole area?

Should all the transformers be gated and not all open like the picture above or will they wait until it's live then install a gate around the whole area?
Whether enclosures or screening are required for this type of equipment or not is established by local planning/zoning rules. It's not some hard rule that they are needed everywhere. From the site layout and the work done so far it looks like there won't be one at all for this site.

• Informative
Reactions: ckwong

We have underground wiring in our neighborhood. Transformers are out in the open but encased in a green, locked enclosure and often in residents' front yards. The wiring is not exposed, so it is safe unless you accidentally dig up the wiring or hit it with a large vehicle (like a semi truck). I still don't want my kids playing near it, though. One of my friends who is a lineman at the local co-op told me when he was wiring my subdivision that he stepped on a 13kv feeder. It was not pleasant.