Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Laurel, MD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I saw a Twitter posting yesterday by Pluginsites that Laurel now has a 40 minute charging maximum. Maybe he can post the picture.

0A988290-CB9D-452C-BAD6-FBA0E6203B79.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: vdiv and Thinkje
That's only for the first stall, unless they put a sign on all the other ones ;)

Was there today, didn't notice, but all stalls were occupied. 2 opened up within 15 min. I wasn't there more than 30 min so don't know if it would have turned off after 40 min. Really wasn't another option for me to charge elsewhere. I was headed NW of Baltimore and even looking at Plugshare there weren't many Chademo spots enroute.

Juiced up this morning right next to the new 40min max sign. Charged for over an hour and ~260 miles of range. Didn't shut off at all. This SC does tend to be very busy in afternoon hours so I imagine they are trying to avoid long wait times. No one here in the 8-9am timeslots today though .

• Informative
Reactions: vdiv
Just since I said I'd check: When I stopped by last night all but one stall-pair had a car happily charging away so I pulled into the last un-paired stall (3B if memory serves) and initiated a session, which seemed to be functioning fine. Only pulling 50kW but I was also up at like 75% so I don't think that was outside of reasonable for that state of charge. Whatever that reduced service message @aaomidi saw was must've been fairly transient in nature.

I ended up using this Supercharger again on Monday and the 3B stall would not initiate a session. I moved to 2B and charged fine. A Model 3 attempted to use stall 3B a little while after I moved and was also unable to charge. I rolled down my window and told him I had an issue and he decided to try it (for science!) and then moved to 4A after his attempt failed.

I tried to call and notify Tesla of this issue, but I was just on hold for the entirety of my session and needed to head out after my 80% cap was reached (This is a high-capacity location now). Unknown if stall 3A was exhibiting similar behavior as it remained unused the entire time and I didn't think to try it until i was leaving...

• Informative
Reactions: Lanny and ckoval7
I ended up using this Supercharger again on Monday and the 3B stall would not initiate a session. I moved to 2B and charged fine. A Model 3 attempted to use stall 3B a little while after I moved and was also unable to charge. I rolled down my window and told him I had an issue and he decided to try it (for science!) and then moved to 4A after his attempt failed.

I tried to call and notify Tesla of this issue, but I was just on hold for the entirety of my session and needed to head out after my 80% cap was reached (This is a high-capacity location now). Unknown if stall 3A was exhibiting similar behavior as it remained unused the entire time and I didn't think to try it until i was leaving...
I was there Weds morning, and the 40min sign had been moved to block 3B, I believe.
Pretty sure I used 3A right next to it just fine.

I wanted to chime into this thread as I, and my family, were traveling back to Philly this weekend after visiting some colleges in Virginia and DC. My Nav recommended a stop in Laurel and we happily obliged given the access to shopping and restaurants at this location.

When we pulled in, EVERY spot was taken despite the nav showing that there were two spots available. What we learned rather quickly was that the two available spots were actually not working! A number of cars pulled into the slots, once vacated, only to either walk away assuming the charge would start or stay and realize the link would never establish.

Fortunately, we were able to get a working stall and charged to 80% to continue our journey. I too tried to call Tesla and was on hold for more than 40 minutes.

@tesla - as more and more cars are hitting the roads, which is excellent, please try to prioritize keeping the superchargers working properly for those folks traveling. I absolutely love, support and refer this company and it's cars and do not want to see anything negative impact the company or it's supporters!!

Reactions: ironwaffle
It does suck when you think you can charge then realise the pedestal has issues. That's why I carry a roll of wide painter's tape with me to tape the wand to the pedestal. I use ether blue or yellow so it stands out. Does not help with the nav status but it does at least stand out when you want to pull into a stall.

I saw the Blue X mark on both the inoperative stalls this weekend when I swung through to top off. I had called the last time I was in that area for stall 3B but was on hold the entirety of my 40min charging session so I left. This time after consulting with some IRC folks, I used the supercharger e-mail ( [email protected] ) to raise the issue instead. No response yet, but it was sent Sunday so they're within 24hrs still. I can copy in what I sent to them if folks want, but it seems that everyone in this thread is at least aware that things are broken.