Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Town of Red Hook, NY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

mociaf9

Oct 18, 2018
CA

What: Tesla is in early planning stages to site an 8-stall supercharger station in the parking lot of the Hannaford Supermarket right off of US-9 in Red Hook, NY.
Address: 35 Hannaford Dr, Red Hook, NY 12571

GPS (guess): 41.979292, -73.881122

I titled the thread "Town of" instead of just Red Hook so people would be less likely to assume it was for the neighborhood in Brooklyn. Given the discussion at the Planning Board meeting was a pre-application informational presentation, it's likely that this location is still quite a ways away from being built. This also tracks with the fact that Tesla doesn't have a pin in Red Hook on their map yet. Hopefully the formal planning application will be made within the next few months. Once that happens, we'll have a better idea of how long before we might expect construction to start.

@Chuq @MarcoRP @corywright

EDIT: Some additional information from some local reporting on the matter, apparently Tesla hopes to have it operational by the end of 2021. That's a bit sooner than I would expect given their normal rate of progress, but it is certainly possible if they are expeditious.

Last edited:

Tesla's application goes before the Red Hook Planning Board for a public hearing and consideration on October 4th. Also, there are now links to the application material, including site plans available on Red Hook's website: Document Center • Red Hook, NY • CivicEngage

Given the date of the meeting and Tesla's general rate of progress from planning approval to operation, I would say that it's unlikely this supercharger will be online before the end of the year. But sometime in Q1 2022 seems a decent target if they continue to press forward expeditiously.

Reactions: DavidB

Update: Tesla got planning approval from the township for this location in mid-October. Now they should be into the application process for building permits. Interestingly, the site still hasn't shown up on Tesla's online map of future locations. The continued absence makes me less sanguine about expecting a Q1 2022 opening date.

1639520936256.png

Reactions: corywright