Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Leesburg, VA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I sent an email to the National Conference Center to ask about EV charging. The email I got back was from someone who didn't really know anything about EVs. She said there was charging a few miles away at One Loudoun. I pointed out that modern hotels have charging in the car park and asked that she pass this along and she said she would.

I would also point out if you have a Chademo adapter there is an EVgo station at Ashburn Village Shopping Center which is not too far.

Sorry for being "that guy," but this thread is about the Tesla Supercharging station in Leesburg. Regional destination chargers should be discussed elsewhere. :)

I appreciate that Earl, but I see it as relevant because the issue is about charging until the Tesla chargers are running.

I appreciate that Earl, but I see it as relevant because the issue is about charging until the Tesla chargers are running.

Turning a Supercharger thread into a discussion about local charging difficulties makes it difficult to stay on top of what's happening at the Supercharger. Myself and others who use thread subscriptions are getting notifications about things not related to this Supercharger. It would be more appropriate to talk about hotel destination charging and other charging options like CHAdeMO in a separate thread.

Just a polite request to help keep things organized. :)

What’s happening at this future urban charger is... not much. Cabinets on the switchgear are now closed up, but there is still no transformer nor a pad for it. Caught a couple of kids playing with one of the connectors, mom called them up after they managed to smash the plug on the gray conduit.
30FA9144-D477-4B27-A9F1-28DD159B8849.jpeg

E8CE5EB0-6314-48F0-845C-E3485F458AB9.jpeg

If you back in a Model S/X at spot 2 do not rely on the tire bump, the garage column protrudes far out and will collide with your bumper. All of the tire bumps are mounted too far back, there is almost no clearance with the gray conduit, but over two feet at the front of my Model S. It goes without saying, need to use caution and pay attention when backing in.
B33CA0AF-AF21-4C49-85AB-C0C55DD02AF7.jpeg
1156516C-ACF2-4428-9993-A56BF13AEE6C.jpeg
CCE53A32-0EA9-4278-A7D8-3916BAB39DCD.jpeg

F’in idiots. How does Tesla not give the contractors simple specs to ensure this never happens. And importantly, that they are held to them. So depressing that simple good designs aren’t implemented and enforced.
The display from the Starman console screen on your picture is very appropriate right about now ;)

• Funny
Reactions: bhzmark
This reminds me of the muck up at the Haymarket Superchargers. I met the guys doing the concrete work for the handicapped spot. Then a week later they had to rip it out and do it over. The resulted in the paint lines being done wrong, in the middle of the chargers rather than in front of them, so they had to be redone as well.

Usually the site plans from Black&Veatch, the engineering firm Tesla uses for the Supercharger built-out are very detailed, and the subcontractors by now have eeeksperience with putting up a station. But hey, we all miss things and make mistakes. :)

Reactions: Leeclanual
Usually the site plans from Black&Veatch, the engineering firm Tesla uses for the Supercharger built-out are very detailed, and the subcontractors by now have eeeksperience with putting up a station. But hey, we all miss things and make mistakes. :)

Yeah, I worked construction in my youth and there were no shortage of muck-ups mostly due to poor communications or failure to read/understand the drawings.

My crystal ball will see paint marks from the manhole to the transformer pad location this Friday afternoon. It sees construction Early June but not powered until mid June at best, pending inspection. July 1 might be better start up date.

No progress as of last night, when I was on site. Anyone seen a final inspection sticker, posted on any equipment? I forgot to check.

Where do we send new site locations for the Tesla Map?

My crystal ball will see paint marks from the manhole to the transformer pad location this Friday afternoon. It sees construction Early June but not powered until mid June at best, pending inspection. July 1 might be better start up date.

No progress as of last night, when I was on site. Anyone seen a final inspection sticker, posted on any equipment? I forgot to check.

Where do we send new site locations for the Tesla Map?

If you're looking for how to make recommendations directly to Tesla, this is your best option: Charging Partners | Tesla

If you're looking for how to make recommendations directly to Tesla, this is your best option: Charging Partners | Tesla

No, the new ones out for construction that are on the supercharge.info site. I thought someone posted it when i referred to the reston site coming. I can't find a way to contact them. I watch that site more than Tesla site. Tesla is always coming soon.

But thanks for this one, I have not seen that one. I thought it was there system map. Sorry, I clicked after I posted.