Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Leesburg, VA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is this paint or a wrap? Thx

It is Neither.

It is a new "Opti- Shield" . This is a Beta test on the car, from what I'm hearing through my son. They did two Tesla's for an Exhibit. Ours and A model X in Camelion finish. Daryl at Automotive Quality Solutions 571-291-9401 Did the car.

They tape up the car like there going to paint it, They spray the Opti Shield on and bake the car. after that point it is like Xpel, a removable wrap. Today I could walk out and tear the stuff off no problem. It is Bright and I don't see any imperfections, or lack of wrapping corners.

It is Neither.

It is a new "Opti- Shield" . This is a Beta test on the car, from what I'm hearing through my son. They did two Tesla's for an Exhibit. Ours and A model X in Camelion finish. Daryl at Automotive Quality Solutions 571-291-9401 Did the car.

They tape up the car like there going to paint it, They spray the Opti Shield on and bake the car. after that point it is like Xpel, a removable wrap. Today I could walk out and tear the stuff off no problem. It is Bright and I don't see any imperfections, or lack of wrapping corners.

Ask them if they want to do a Model S Beta. :)

How hot is the bake? Just curious with the battery and all. Probably no hotter than a summer day in Phoenix.

Not sure Nothing like a powder coating oven. Probably the same as they do for painting, Xpel and or Opti- coating. 80-100 degree???? I only remember being in the room when they Opti Coated my S. I didn't break out in a sweat or anything like a Sauna.

• Informative
Reactions: DFibRL8R
If this had been a 50 kW Urban charger I would have had to wait even longer and the chances of finding an open slot even worse.

Not sure where I got a 50 kW figure for these chargers. Must have been a brain cramp, I can't find that anywhere in the thread. Meanwhile I read the whole bleeding thing, so I don't get what happened with the early discussion on the guy who wants to add a couple of stalls of Supercharger along Rt 15. Any idea what happened to that? Did anyone ever get in touch with the guy for lunch or whatever?

My crystal ball says construction done next week

Power activation the 22nd
Tesla check out opening ?????

BFF68AC0-603A-4011-AB8D-681D0DAAB468.jpeg
6CC7443F-3602-4C5C-B005-A857F120CD16.jpeg

That's an unusual sign/stall layout for the General Parking vs. Tesla Only stalls. Usually they are in distinct blocks. Hmm. Ok, so here's your friendly reminder to people who will eventually go and charge at this location:

If multiple stalls are available--and all are in equally working order--then you should preferentially choose to occupy one of the General Parking ones instead of the Tesla Only stalls. Basically, the idea is to maximize the number of open stalls which remain signed for Tesla only use. This will discourage ICEing to the maximum extent possible. There will still be jerks who just ignore the signs, but they'd ignore them either way. But if someone is willing to be deterred by the sign, and the only open spots are all Tesla Only, then they'll keep looking elsewhere for a spot.

That's an unusual sign/stall layout for the General Parking vs. Tesla Only stalls. Usually they are in distinct blocks. Hmm. Ok, so here's your friendly reminder to people who will eventually go and charge at this location:

If multiple stalls are available--and all are in equally working order--then you should preferentially choose to occupy one of the General Parking ones instead of the Tesla Only stalls. Basically, the idea is to maximize the number of open stalls which remain signed for Tesla only use. This will discourage ICEing to the maximum extent possible. There will still be jerks who just ignore the signs, but they'd ignore them either way. But if someone is willing to be deterred by the sign, and the only open spots are all Tesla Only, then they'll keep looking elsewhere for a spot.

Maybe ICEing is a problem some places, but I've seen very little of it. I saw one truck parked in a charging slot but it was the only vehicle in 8 slots. Another time an EV was in a Tesla slot where it said "30 minute general parking". I think we should not holler until we are hurt.

Reactions: JD T
Awesome finds and details everyone, and beautiful green Tesla.

Leesburg Outlets tried to get them, I talked to a manager there probably 20 minutes one day long long before any rumors. They were HIGHLY interested and had spots picked out. I guess the other shopping center, which is more upscale, outbid them or acted faster..

It will be great having chargers in Loudoun tho and I look forward to a ribbon cutting ceremony.

Reactions: vdiv
The Leesburg Outlets has been horrible with keeping the ICE out of the EVgo stations there. Also traffic in and out could be rather terrible. Think the Village at Leesburg was indeed a better choice, with better food options and other amenities. It is a bit further away from US-15 but Battlefield Pkwy usually moves at a decent clip.

Reactions: bhzmark
There going to have to rework the incoming service lines. Day or two worth of work minimum which will prevent dominion from even starting there work. Until they get service inspection Dominion probably won’t even start with out that TPF .

So if Dominon was scheduled they’ll pull out and go do something else. That could bump the site and the time delays cascade from there. I hope that I’m wrong thought. I want to see this one on line.

I also noticed no Miss utility markings for Dominion to even run there underground lines from the adjacent transformer.

• Informative
Reactions: SureValla and vdiv