Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Leesburg, VA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took a picture Saturday, just FYI. Nothing new I dont think over what others have already shared.

I look forward to this opening.

20190406_193145.jpg

Reactions: vdiv
I went by the site yesterday. To simplify what may have happened the installers may have painted themselves into a corner and tried to “make it fit”. That work has been corrected and they might be done, outside some supports. The wire is now done down to the CT cabinet or Dominion’s demarcation.

Now the site is like Springfield with the SC work done but no incoming service. Dominon will have to run from there adjacent transformer and pull the feeder between the two. This will require an outage or two, and could slow things down.

They reduced the fencing down to a minimal area

94F2FBED-EDEA-4321-8A01-2062BAC77787.jpeg

0F7F7827-A1CE-4C29-9C42-BB5ADE890C7E.jpeg

Haven’t been by the site yet to check it out myself, but really appreciate all the updates & insight y’all have provided.

Not that this gives us a timeline any of us didn’t already expect, but I went ahead and called the management front desk yesterday & inquired about an updated estimated completion date. They said they expect the site to be completed within the next 30 days.

So I’d say I’m hoping it’ll be done around the end of the month myself. Arlingtons open now but from Sterling it’s only ~5 miles closer than Springfield, whereas this site is only 8 miles away (& obv avoids the hell that is the beltway). Looking forward to it.

Haven’t been by the site yet to check it out myself, but really appreciate all the updates & insight y’all have provided.

Not that this gives us a timeline any of us didn’t already expect, but I went ahead and called the management front desk yesterday & inquired about an updated estimated completion date. They said they expect the site to be completed within the next 30 days.

So I’d say I’m hoping it’ll be done around the end of the month myself. Arlingtons open now but from Sterling it’s only ~5 miles closer than Springfield, whereas this site is only 8 miles away (& obv avoids the hell that is the beltway). Looking forward to it.
I give up, what’s in Arlington? Nothing I can find or remember.

Edit: okay, found the thread. No wonder it’s not on the map, not live! :D And I even posted in it lol. Tesla def needs someone working on the SC map more consistently.

I’m making a trip from Indiana to Leesburg on May 3rd for several days. It would be awesome if this SC was open by then. Not many charging options close to where I am staying or the National Conference Center.

Thanks to all the locals who are giving the updates!

Reactions: jthompson
I’m making a trip from Indiana to Leesburg on May 3rd for several days. It would be awesome if this SC was open by then. Not many charging options close to where I am staying or the National Conference Center.

Here is where you can support the hotels that support you. The Best Western in Leesburg and the Landsdown resort just outside town both have destination chargers you can use to charge up overnight.

In case they're not open, there are 4 J-1772 chargers in the same area, available only after business hours (7a-6p M-F):

PlugShare - Find Electric Vehicle Charging Locations Near You

Also check out One Loudoun which has lots of restaurants and several free EV chargers or the Whole Foods in Ashburn (also many nearby restaurants). These can be occupied at peak times but worth a shot if you need some electricity.

If you get into a bind, lots of owners (myself included) in the area who would gladly lend you some juice.

And +1 to @gnuarm for supporting businesses/hotels that have these. If your lodging is already set, ask the hotel manager why they don't have EV charging available for guests like their competition.

That's a big +1. We all need to contact merchants of all manner and let them know they are going to need to support charging if they want to be competitive in the marketplace. I have taken the time to mention to various restaurants and hotels that I look for places that provide charging. Heck, one hotel I contacted to let them know they should include EV charging facilities in their selection criteria on their web site.

Reactions: GMan324
Here is where you can support the hotels that support you. The Best Western in Leesburg and the Landsdown resort just outside town both have destination chargers you can use to charge up overnight.
Thanks. I normally look for hotels with chargers, but don’t have a choice in hotels since it is a group conference.

When I book a hotel with a charger, I always let them know I picked their hotel over others in the area specifically because of the EV charger.

In case they're not open, there are 4 J-1772 chargers in the same area, available only after business hours (7a-6p M-F):

PlugShare - Find Electric Vehicle Charging Locations Near You

Also check out One Loudoun which has lots of restaurants and several free EV chargers or the Whole Foods in Ashburn (also many nearby restaurants). These can be occupied at peak times but worth a shot if you need some electricity.

If you get into a bind, lots of owners (myself included) in the area who would gladly lend you some juice.

And +1 to @gnuarm for supporting businesses/hotels that have these. If your lodging is already set, ask the hotel manager why they don't have EV charging available for guests like their competition.
Thanks! I missed the fact that the Village was open to the public after work hours since in Plug Share I have the filter off for pay sites by default.

I always default to my free SC, but these are great options also!

Landsdown is right next door to the National Conference Center. You could walk back while it's charging. I looked at the web site for the National Conference Center and I'm very surprised they don't have level 2 charging. I can see this being pretty optional for most locations, but for hotels I would think they'd be catching on that there are a lot of EVs on the roads.

Reactions: vdiv
Landsdown is right next door to the National Conference Center. You could walk back while it's charging. I looked at the web site for the National Conference Center and I'm very surprised they don't have level 2 charging. I can see this being pretty optional for most locations, but for hotels I would think they'd be catching on that there are a lot of EVs on the roads.
I agree. I will definitely tell them about Tesla’s destination charger program while I am there.

I did this at a hotel in FL and they were excited to learn Tesla would give them free chargers. They were about to buy their own.

In Plug Share, Landsdown says it is for resort patrons or club members only. Does anyone have experience to know if they would let me charge there while at the National Conference Center? I will definitely ask them, but some places are strict about this.