Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Lexington, KY - Meijer Way

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
8/5/2023 update
IMG_3570.jpeg
IMG_3571.jpeg
IMG_3572.jpeg
IMG_3573.jpeg

So close! My commute takes me by every weekday. Just waiting for that chainlink to come down!

Those are awfully elaborate sign posts for the "Tesla vehicle charging only" signs, that, probably would have to come down pretty soon, right? They're being opened up to more EV's soon, aren't they?
I guess if the top half comes out of the bottom half, it'll be fine.

Reactions: docherf
I am SO excited for this. Just got my first Tesla last week! Used 2016 P100D! But it is such a pain to drive out to Hamburg from the other side of the city to that Meijers when the mall Meijers is the one we used to normally go to. I cannot wait! How long do we think until they are up and running?? A couple weeks?

So close! My commute takes me by every weekday. Just waiting for that chainlink to come down!

Those are awfully elaborate sign posts for the "Tesla vehicle charging only" signs, that, probably would have to come down pretty soon, right? They're being opened up to more EV's soon, aren't they?
I guess if the top half comes out of the bottom half, it'll be fine.
Other manufacturers are adopting NACS so hopefully by 2025 we’ll start seeing more Tesla Superchargers everywhere.

Reactions: MdlSP100D'16
I am SO excited for this. Just got my first Tesla last week! Used 2016 P100D! But it is such a pain to drive out to Hamburg from the other side of the city to that Meijers when the mall Meijers is the one we used to normally go to. I cannot wait! How long do we think until they are up and running?? A couple weeks?
Welcome to the family! If you haven’t done so already we’d love for you to join our club www.TeslaKY.com

I’d say we’re a few weeks away from this opening.

Must be--I mean the thing has been practically frozen now for over a month. I cant imagine what else it would be. I am hoping they expand it too. I am surprised they went with such a small charging station. The one out in Hamburg regularly has more than 8 cars charging!
Well, that one is near the interstate, so it shows up on the map for travelers.
Won't be as busy at Wellington. At least, not initially.
Maybe in a couple of years when the rest of the auto makers have NACS models released.

I'm just glad they're adding something on the south side of town. I live very close to this Meijer, and work south in Nicholasville, so it is a rarity for me to even go to the north side. I do most of my charging at home, but I've had my garage fuse go out before and had to make that trip for a couple weeks waiting for a repair. At least now, once it opens, us southsiders will have a much closer option. 😁

Well, that one is near the interstate, so it shows up on the map for travelers.
Won't be as busy at Wellington. At least, not initially.
Maybe in a couple of years when the rest of the auto makers have NACS models released.

I'm just glad they're adding something on the south side of town. I live very close to this Meijer, and work south in Nicholasville, so it is a rarity for me to even go to the north side. I do most of my charging at home, but I've had my garage fuse go out before and had to make that trip for a couple weeks waiting for a repair. At least now, once it opens, us southsiders will have a much closer option. 😁
I live over on Tate's Creek (in a complex with no charging station) so I am SO excited for this Meijer to get it. Before I got the Tesla this was the one I shopped at but now I go to the Hamburg one to shop while it charges. With the FUSC mine has all I do is supercharge haha. I can't wait to be able to just hop on New Circle, drive one exit, and I am basically there as opposed to traveling out to Hamburg! And who knows, they might expand it down the road. I am fairly sure they expanded the Hamburg Meijer one because if I recall it did not originally have so many superchargers.

I live over on Tate's Creek (in a complex with no charging station) so I am SO excited for this Meijer to get it. Before I got the Tesla this was the one I shopped at but now I go to the Hamburg one to shop while it charges. With the FUSC mine has all I do is supercharge haha. I can't wait to be able to just hop on New Circle, drive one exit, and I am basically there as opposed to traveling out to Hamburg! And who knows, they might expand it down the road. I am fairly sure they expanded the Hamburg Meijer one because if I recall it did not originally have so many superchargers.
Yeah, driving to Hamburg sucks.
I have FUSC too, but since I have 110 trickle charging in my garage, I don't do much SC unless traveling.

They did just expand the Hamburg location before they started on the new ones by us.
Hamburg had 8 150's, expanded adding 12 additional new 250's. So 20 total now.

The 12 new ones by us should be 250's as well.

Yeah, driving to Hamburg sucks.
I have FUSC too, but since I have 110 trickle charging in my garage, I don't do much SC unless traveling.

They did just expand the Hamburg location before they started on the new ones by us.
Hamburg had 8 150's, expanded adding 12 additional new 250's. So 20 total now.

The 12 new ones by us should be 250's as well.
Unfortunately the highest ive ever pulled is I think 141 hahaha. The price of having a 2016 😂. Not too big a deal. I usually keep it between 50-80% and those fill ups are not long at all. I always find it amusing when people s*hit talk electric vehicles and they are like, "it takes 14 hours to fully charge" with no knowledge of varying charging levels. I am glad I have a Tesla though. They are so far ahead of the game when it comes to charging stations. Im simultaneously excited that all the other major manufacturers are switching to Tesla's design so their stations will be readily compatible with ours but dreading the millions more vehicles that will want to use Tesla SC stations in the next few years haha

Last edited:
Unfortunately the highest ive ever pulled is I think 141 hahaha. The price of having a 2016 😂. Not too big a deal. I usually keep it between 50-80% and those fill ups are not long at all. I always find it amusing when people s*hit talk electric vehicles and they are like, "it takes 14 hours to fully charge" with no knowledge of varying charging levels. I am glad I have a Tesla though. They are so far ahead of the game when it comes to charging stations. Im simultaneously excited that all the other major manufacturers are switching to Tesla's design so their stations will be readily compatible with ours but dreading the millions more vehicles that will want to use Tesla SC stations in the next few years haha

Meijer Wellington is OPEN!
I drove past it this morning and the fence is down!
I didn't have time to stop and get a pic, but I will after work later.