Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Little Falls, MN

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
An electrical permit was just pulled for an 8 stall EV charging station in Little Falls, MN. It does not outright call it a Supercharger, but there are a few factors leaning that way:

1. It's an 8 stall EV station - no other charging company in MN has set up an 8-stall station aside from Tesla. Electrify America has only set up 6-stall stations in MN so far, AFAIK.
  2. It's at a Holiday gas station, a known host to other Superchargers (the North Branch Supercharger)
  3. The contractor, MP TECHNOLOGIES LLC, worked on the Willmar and Marshall Superchargers this year.

1693597196413.png

Little Falls, MN

Host Type: Gas Station
Host: Holiday
Along Primary Interstates: None
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-10
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None
Along State Routes: MN-27

US-10

To: Clearwater, MN (v2) - 46.9 miles
Diversion: 0.8 miles
To: Monticello, MN - 59.6 miles

MN-27

To: Onamia, MN - 38.6 miles (Construction)
Diversion: 0.1 miles
To: End (I-35 near Moose Lake, MN) - 110.2 miles

Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-10
Along State Routes: MN-27
It's a little bit misleading because very few people take US-10 north from Little Falls. Instead, Little Falls is the starting point for MN 371, which goes north to Brainerd/Baxter, Walker (Leech Lake) and Bemidji (via Cass Lake & US 2). That highway is a more accurate reflection of the value of this location.

This charger is effectively a splitter between Clearwater and Brainerd/Baxter. The new location is 31.2 miles from Brainerd/Baxter.

It's a little bit misleading because very few people take US-10 north from Little Falls. Instead, Little Falls is the starting point for MN 371, which goes north to Brainerd/Baxter, Walker (Leech Lake) and Bemidji (via Cass Lake & US 2). That highway is a more accurate reflection of the value of this location.

This charger is effectively a splitter between Clearwater and Brainerd/Baxter. The new location is 31.2 miles from Brainerd/Baxter.
I'm sure you're correct that more people take MN 371 north from Little Falls, but as someone who does drive the US-10 route for occasional day trips from Minneapolis to Staples and back, this is going to make my drive so so soo much easier! No more 40 minute detours to Brainerd/Baxter when there's an unexpected headwind.

as someone who does drive the US-10 route for occasional day trips from Minneapolis to Staples and back, this is going to make my drive so so soo much easier!
Totally! It's a great add, not unlike Wilmar & Marshall (for folks heading W/SW from the Cities).

Do you usually take I-94 to Clearwater (to charge) and then hop on US-10? Or go all the way to St. Cloud?

Totally! It's a great add, not unlike Wilmar & Marshall (for folks heading W/SW from the Cities).

Do you usually take I-94 to Clearwater (to charge) and then hop on US-10? Or go all the way to St. Cloud?
If the weather is cold, I usually deep charge in Clearwater before hopping back on 10, and then hope I have enough to make it back directly without detouring to Brainerd.

With the new station in Little Falls, I should be able to drive directly there and back, charging enough in Little Falls to get me back home!

If the weather is cold, I usually deep charge in Clearwater before hopping back on 10, and then hope I have enough to make it back directly without detouring to Brainerd.

With the new station in Little Falls, I should be able to drive directly there and back, charging enough in Little Falls to get me back home!
Same here, although I normally use Monticello!

I'll be passing by here in a week or two and will check if anything is happening yet.

Reactions: corywright
Looked at the charger the other night. Cabinets are up as well as stalls but still wrapped up. All 8 back-in only stalls. Hopefully open fairly soon before winter hits.
View attachment 978206
These are 2 PSU’s. You go from nothing to looking like the site is nearly complete in matter of hours. Look around for the possible Transformer site. It should be staked or marked out by now.

It looks like MN is now one of the handful of states in the continental U.S. that does not have any superchargers in either the permit or construction phase.
Looking at the National supercharger.info map, it seems like there is an unusually low number of superchargers in the construction phase. I guess Tesla has pushed hard to get a lot of sites finished before the warm weather construction season ends…

It looks like MN is now one of the handful of states in the continental U.S. that does not have any superchargers in either the permit or construction phase.
Looking at the National supercharger.info map, it seems like there is an unusually low number of superchargers in the construction phase. I guess Tesla has pushed hard to get a lot of sites finished before the warm weather construction season ends…
Worthington MN. is getting a new location expansion at HY-VEE. It should be under construction now according to the MN one call ticket. Still showing permit status on SC.info. No one has updated the thread for several weeks with a site check in.

Manitowoc WI. Is the last known SuC sight under construction in the state. Construction is completed. Just waiting for Tesla to commission it. It should go live any day now.

Last edited:
Worthington MN. is getting a new location expansion at HY-VEE. It should be under construction now according to the MN one call ticket. Still showing permit status on SC.info. No one has updated the thread for several weeks with a site check in.

Manitowoc WI. Is the last known SuC sight under construction in the state. Construction is completed. Just waiting for Tesla to commission it. It should go live any day now.
Thanks… I missed Worthington; you have to zoom in extremely far to even see the blue triangle! :)
MN is fairly well covered now, except for far northern MN, but that is some real fringe territory for Teslas.
I would love to see some superchargers added to northern WI; it is just to hard to really explore the south shore in an EV, and to easily go to/from the U.P.

Reactions: Cyberjr
Regardless of Tesla Ownership density. Northern MN. Needs Superchargers in Grand Rapids, Virginia, I Falls, #2 in Duluth on US 53 corridor near Miller Hill mall for Travelers. Grand Marais would be nice addition but not necessary with Tofte online.

Northern Wi and the UP need 5-7 to provide reasonable travel coverage. Ashland WI (2025), Spooner WI, Ironwood MI, Houghton MI, L’Ance Mi, Watersmeet MI and Iron Mountain MI.