Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Livermore, CA - West Jack London Boulevard (LIVE 13 Dec 2023, 16 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Maybe I'm blind but I only counted 15 chargers

Attachments

• 20230504_191838.jpg
    20230504_191838.jpg
    473 KB · Views: 175
  • 20230504_191840.jpg
    20230504_191840.jpg
    794.1 KB · Views: 95
As of June 9, they were not operational yet. But they certainly do look nice! :cool:

The chargers are in the shopping center on the south side of Jack London Blvd (i.e. not in the Outlet Center). Next to See's Candies on the far eastern edge of that shopping center.

1686762540427.png

1686762619600.png

1686762661867.png

1686762712855.png

1686762848117.png

I did plug it in, but my car was still in "Ready to Charge" mode. The SuperCharger wasn't talking, the T logo on my car was not lit-up, and the red "TESLA" logo on the SuperCharger was not lit-up. Fortunately, I didn't have any problems getting the connector back out of my car :)
1686762886483.png

Scott

--

2021 Tesla Model Y Long Range, red/white, tow

Reactions: bmah
As of June 9, they were not operational yet. But they certainly do look nice! :cool:

The chargers are in the shopping center on the south side of Jack London Blvd (i.e. not in the Outlet Center). Next to See's Candies on the far eastern edge of that shopping center.

View attachment 946920

View attachment 946921

View attachment 946922

View attachment 946924

View attachment 946926

I did plug it in, but my car was still in "Ready to Charge" mode. The SuperCharger wasn't talking, the T logo on my car was not lit-up, and the red "TESLA" logo on the SuperCharger was not lit-up. Fortunately, I didn't have any problems getting the connector back out of my car :)
View attachment 946927

Scott

--

Nice photos! They still need to do some signage on the stalls. Not sure about lighting.

Any sign of a transformer? It'd probably be a green box, next to the white boxes that are the charging and switchgear cabinets. Alternatively when you tried to charge, did you press the button on the charge connector to open your car's charge port, or did you open some other way.

Bruce.

Nice photos! They still need to do some signage on the stalls. Not sure about lighting.

Any sign of a transformer? It'd probably be a green box, next to the white boxes that are the charging and switchgear cabinets. Alternatively when you tried to charge, did you press the button on the charge connector to open your car's charge port, or did you open some other way.

Bruce.

The SuperChargers don't have power -- I opened my charge point using my screen. Since the SuperChargers didn't have power, I wanted to see what my car said. See screen photo above. My car knew that something was plugged in, but there was no communication.

Zooming-in on one of my photos shows a green transformer on the other side of the bush. But I didn't walk over and look so I don't know if it feeds the SuperChargers.

1687303366849.png

Thanks,

Scott

--

Reactions: bmah
If the "TESLA" wordmark isn't lit up, it's very likely there's no power (but not a certainty).

Usually but not always, the utility transformer is placed next to the switchgear and charger cabinets. That's the opposite end of the installation from where most of the photos are pointing (so not the end where See's Candies is). The photo through the fence in post #25 in this thread is pointed in the right direction. There might be some empty space on a concrete pad next to those tall white cabinets, or space where someone could put a prefab cabinet.

They still need to put up signage (the red signs with the Tesla logo and "EV charging only" or "30 minute general parking" or whatever).

Also the way they've been provisioning these things lately, you can just check the mobile app...new sites seem to show up on the mobile app within an hour or two of them flipping the switch.

Bruce.