Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Livermore, CA - West Jack London Boulevard (LIVE 13 Dec 2023, 16 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M

MarcoRP

16 V3 stalls coming soon to Shops at Livermore. Permit has just been filed

Livermore.jpg

Wow! There are already 20 urban Superchargers and 12 EA stands including a 350 KW across the street in the outlet mall. And 12 or so partially installed Supercharger (v2 and dead installation?) at the Target in Fallon Gateway 1/4 mile away. I wonder if they are abandoning the Target/Fallon Gateway location for this one?

On Saturday afternoon, Livermore, Dublin, and Pleasanton where all showing at full capacity. I've previously pulled into Livermore with only 1 or 2 available spots. IMHO, the 580/680 interchange area is definitely in need of additional capacity.

Reactions: EVCarGUy
The latest Tesla map says that the new Livermore site is expected to open Q4 2021. Ignore the location of the gray marker on the Tesla map; it is just centered on Livermore.

Anyone near Livermore who can do a drive-by (3020 W Jack London Blvd; the Shops, near Dennys) to see if happy construction workers are actively installing? 👷‍♂️

Scott

--

MYLR | Red ext | White int | 19" | 5 seats | tow | no FSD | made/delivered Oct 2021

1640725755781.png

Building permit still hasn't been issued yet, so there won't be any construction so far. Unfortunately, Livermore's online permitting portal requires you to register a user account to be able to normally search and get any actual details, and I don't care enough to do that anymore for random locations. But if anyone else wants to have a go, it's here: Livermore ACA portal

The permit in question is CM210048. Currently by doing a general search I can see that its status is listed as "Out for Correction".

There's also a second permit that is worth looking into, CM210073 with a current status of "Plan Review". That one was submitted a few months after the initial one above that @MarcoRP posted to open the thread.

• Informative
Reactions: DoItDiff
Since the proposed SuperChargers for Jack London Blvd. appear to be delayed, I just voted in this quarter's voting for the Livermore pin (on I-580) out near LLNL. This should benefit folks on the east side of Livermore and help with commuting just before the Altamont Pass.

1673497381174.png
Scott

--

MYLR | Red ext | White int | 19" | 5 seats | tow | no FSD | made/delivered Oct 2021

Any indication if these will be Version 4 (Tesla + CCS cables) ?

I'm also hoping that folks vote for that pin on the SuperCharging voting map (post #10). Livermore really needs something on the east side of town.

Thanks,

Scott

--

Any indication if these will be Version 4 (Tesla + CCS cables) ?

I'm also hoping that folks vote for that pin on the SuperCharging voting map (post #10). Livermore really needs something on the east side of town.

Thanks,

Scott

--

Where do you see that V4 will have two cables? All we know is they have larger housings and longer cables and will likely support MW charging of come sort. I don't think anyone has seen drawings showing multiple cables and CCS support.

Where do you see that V4 will have two cables? All we know is they have larger housings and longer cables and will likely support MW charging of come sort. I don't think anyone has seen drawings showing multiple cables and CCS support.

I saw it referenced from this blurb 7 months ago:

Regardless, folks could also vote for that pin on the Tesla voting page on the east side of Livermore. Putting something there before the Altamont seems useful.

Scott

--

I saw it referenced from this blurb 7 months ago:

Regardless, folks could also vote for that pin on the Tesla voting page on the east side of Livermore. Putting something there before the Altamont seems useful.

Scott

--

update: the new MagicDock has 1 cable. Looks like a nice design. I hope that the Jack London Blvd. site gets it. Federal dollars are specified for a 1-mile distance from the interstate and the Jack London Blvd. site is indeed within those guidelines.

Additionally, the Tesla world-wide voting system has a voting pin on the east side of Livermore (at Vasco Rd. and I-580). If it gets a lot of votes, this should help with commuting just before the Altamont Pass since there aren't any SC's between the Outlet Center and Tracy. Ditto for Tesla owners who live on the east side of Livermore.

Supercharger Voting | Tesla

1673497381174.png

Scott

--

Yep, my mistake based on the initial reports. The newest version that supports CCS+NACS is the magic dock with 1 cable and the semi-captive CCS adapter.

The Livermore Vasco road pin is doing well in the Tesla voting, so hopefully between that and the Jack London we'll actually get a new station somewhere in Livermore. :)

Scott

--

The SuperCharger map has been updated and says Q2 2023 for the Jack London dot. Gee, it is Q2, has anybody seen any construction there?

1680749447251.png

Scott

--