Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Lynnfield, MA - Broadway

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FYI: Tesla has plans to expand the Lynnfield Marketplace supercharger by adding 12 new V3 superchargers (3 4-stall pre-fab PSU's). This has just been put on the agenda for the April 4th, 2023 zoning board of appeals meeting (case #23-6) for approval.
So an observant permit sleuth (MarcoRP) pointed out to me that this "expansion" is actually at a different address than the current supercharger. The proposed new site is at 28 Broadway, Lynnfield, MA 01940 which is about 2.5 miles from the current supercharger. For the time being since it has not yet come before the ZBA I'm going to suggest it's status be tracked under the existing supercharger thread. Once approved, we'll split it off into it's own thread.

Reactions: kayak1 and juliusa
Tesla didn't get a chance to come before the ZBA at tonight's meeting - two cases before them took three full hours and didn't leave time for Tesla to be heard. Continued to the May 2nd meeting which will be in person and not zoom as this evening's meeting was.

• Informative
Reactions: kayak1
Another meeting, another full house with the same contended cases from last month. Tesla didn't have an opportunity to present once again. The Planning Board is scheduling a special meeting for 5/23 where this should finally be presented and hopefully approved.

Construction has begun.
IMG_2876.jpeg
IMG_2873.jpeg
IMG_2874.jpeg

Pre-fab installations can go really fast once the initial site work is done. Probably still needs work to complete the site controller/switchgear and transformer pad unless that work was completed early this week. Then the wait for the transformer and utility hookup....

I am fascinated by that, I figured they put the wires in during construction and let the Transformer Boys™ do the HV hookup that they are trained to deal with. But perhaps you are right, there must be a disconnect inside that they leave off until they completed the wiring before commissioning. Anyone know details?

I am fascinated by that, I figured they put the wires in during construction and let the Transformer Boys™ do the HV hookup that they are trained to deal with. But perhaps you are right, there must be a disconnect inside that they leave off until they completed the wiring before commissioning. Anyone know details?
This video has a good view of the internals of pad mount transformers:
He is out of CA, but has a good video blog that is good at teaching a bit about being a lineperson.

• Informative
Reactions: Tdreamer and tga