Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Dover, NH

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Tdreamer

Plaid Supercharger
Supporting Member
Sep 10, 2017
Bedford, Massachusetts
A new 12-stall supercharger will be installed at The Garrison Hotel & Suites with an address of 200 Sterling Wy, Dover, NH 03820. This installation will use 3 pre-fab supercharger units and was approved by the Dover Planning Board in September, 2023. This hotel also currently hosts a Tesla destination charger, and there is a Dunkin' adjacent to the hotel as well.

1701305252589.png

1701305544100.png

Wow! That's amazing speed. Why aren't most new sites prefab? Is Tesla constrained in how many prefab units they can build?
Pre-fab vs. traditional is probably mostly based on site specific parameters. It's likely Tesla uses pre-fab everywhere they can as it saves Tesla money and expedites construction, allowing the contractor to finish faster and move on to the next project.

An unrelated observation - the photos shared show 3 four-post PSU's (nothing unusual there) placed. The plan shows two four-post PSU's, one three-post PSU and an adjacent standalone post to create ADA compliant spacing. I saw this recently on a few v4 PSU site plans for a project in Connecticut and Seabrook, NH. I had thought there would be two PSU types (4 post and 3 post). Nope. They just send four-post PSU's, and then once onsite, unbolt one of the posts and subsequently mount it on a standalone base, extending the conduit from the PSU to that post. Classic Tesla simplicity.

1704424831089.png

An unrelated observation .... Classic Tesla simplicity.

Seems to me that simplicity is based on having a highly-trained (in this case contracted) workforce. If Tesla were deploying 90% pre-fab units, the installers wouldn't know how to roll their own. But since they're installing maybe 40% pre-fab (finger in the wind from local observation), they can count on the installer knowing how to unfab the pre-fab and customize.

Now, imagine if Tesla could extend the pre-fab approach to include the transformers!

Exit 9 on 89.
Seems reasonable with Market Basket and McDonalds around.
New London (exit 12) has the advantage of being the highest altitude (~1200 feet ASL) on 89.
This place is beautiful during the early Fall and late Spring....The sunset is gorgeous.

The community along this corridor somehow are not fond of EVs. They always use the reason, "only seniors lives here."....It such backwards thinking. Nowadays, people commute to work from 30 minutes to 45 minutes away. I understand that these "seniors" when they grew up, they had to walk to school so their way of life is significantly different. But, how are you suppose to invite the new kids? How are you to revitalize the new economy? It's very tough for me, I work and I cannot find the time to go into anyone of these meetings and argue with the retirement community.