Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Malibu, CA - Civic Center Way (under construction Dec 2023, 12 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On the Find Us Map, when you click on Driving Directions on the Malibu PIN it takes you to a spot right next to the library and Los Angeles County Waterworks District Building.
1701632254211.png

1701632615514.png

Is this the same as the location of the city pin on google maps? That’s what they usually use.
No, is not. And now they are using what looks like the actual address of the upcoming Sc. If you go top the one on Chatsworth and click on driving directions, it is actually the site where the SC is being built. and the one on Universal City is the same story, thats how I found out that it was under construction.

No, is not. And now they are using what looks like the actual address of the upcoming Sc. If you go top the one on Chatsworth and click on driving directions, it is actually the site where the SC is being built. and the one on Universal City is the same story, thats how I found out that it was under construction.
It sure does. I checked Bakersfield and sure enough: driving directions are to construction site. If I had to guess this isn’t intentional. This is probably accidental like that time they shared the exact address of a bunch of future sites. Might be good to go through all the unknown ones and get the location to look for permits. Anyway, thanks for sharing!

Last edited:
Reactions: rayluis1988
Thanks for pointing this out, interesting information.

On the Find Us Map, when you click on Driving Directions on the Malibu PIN it takes you to a spot right next to the library and Los Angeles County Waterworks District Building.
View attachment 996018
View attachment 996019
I find this odd, because the marker on the “Find Us” map is located near Paradise Cove, which is about 6 miles west of Malibu Civic Center. It seems unlikely that a SC will be going in at Paradise Cove. And there are already two sets of Superchargers at Cross Creek, which is less than a mile from Civic Center. It seems unlikely that they would add a third, and even less likely that it would be on Malibu City property.

In any event, the Trancas location is another five miles or so west of Paradise Cove. It’s a pity that that one seems do be dead. Does this thread title need editing?

I find this odd, because the marker on the “Find Us” map is located near Paradise Cove, which is about 6 miles west of Malibu Civic Center. It seems unlikely that a SC will be going in at Paradise Cove. And there are already two sets of Superchargers at Cross Creek, which is less than a mile from Civic Center. It seems unlikely that they would add a third, and even less likely that it would be on Malibu City property.

In any event, the Trancas location is another five miles or so west of Paradise Cove. It’s a pity that that one seems do be dead. Does this thread title need editing?
Those 2 current SC in Malibu are in much need of an expansion (one 8 stalls V3 and one 5 stalls urban), they are always busy. So, a much bigger V3/V4 to add much needed capacity or replace makes a lot of sense in an area that is quite busy for Tesla. And on City Property maybe they get a juicy discount/cheaper lease deal compared to a private property, who knows.

Reactions: Misterbee
It sure does. I checked Bakersfield and sure enough: driving directions are to construction site. If I had to guess this isn’t intentional. This is probably accidental like that time they shared the exact address of a bunch of future sites. Might be good to go through all the unknown ones and get the location to look for permits. Anyway, thanks for sharing!
haha, I said the same; I was like this could not be intentional. There is a click done at the wrong place lol. I wouldnt think Tesla wants drivers to go on a frenzy to check construction sites.

Reactions: 1100MCM

The location of the pins are usually the city center or some other google tag for a neighborhood. The driving directions links are to a specific address or coordinates where the site will be.

View attachment 996018
View attachment 996019
There’s 20 superchargers that’s been completed at Cross Creek Ranch expansion which is that circle. I saw the real estate agent post photos back in July ‘23

Attachments

• IMG_0885.jpeg
    IMG_0885.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 28
  • IMG_0887.png
    IMG_0887.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 24
  • IMG_0888.jpeg
    IMG_0888.jpeg
    267 KB · Views: 20
ohhh awesome. And just to verify, thats right behind Whole Foods?
Whole foods is listed at 23401. Your map shows 23519 and the driving directions link has been removed from the Malibu listing so I can't see where it points. This is west of Whole Foods, East of the Library I believe. Looks like 23465 is the permitted address and 12 V3 plus 4 L2 based on the permits (doesnt look like 20 in those pictures). And I'd guess the V3s are between buildings 8 and 9 based on the layout of the available parking spots on the site map compared to the pictures above (buildings 7 & 8 are mentioned in the caption with the ADA spots). The plan drawing is rotated 90 degrees to the left, Whole foods would be right below the red stamped box at the top center/right. L2 at the 4 spaces marked EVR by building 6.
1701758209979.png1701758296584.png1701758808929.png1701759654502.png

Whole foods is listed at 23401. Your map shows 23519 and the driving directions link has been removed from the Malibu listing so I can't see where it points. This is west of Whole Foods, East of the Library I believe. Looks like 23465 is the permitted address and 12 V3 plus 4 L2 based on the permits (doesnt look like 20 in those pictures). And I'd guess the V3s are between buildings 8 and 9 based on the layout of the available parking spots on the site map compared to the pictures above (buildings 7 & 8 are mentioned in the caption with the ADA spots). The plan drawing is rotated 90 degrees to the left, Whole foods would be right below the red stamped box at the top center/right. L2 at the 4 spaces marked EVR by building 6.
View attachment 996512View attachment 996513View attachment 996515View attachment 996518
Good, thank you. @bmah @Chuq @Guacahummus new thread for this expansion? Or add it to the urban SC thread?

So this is going to be in The Ranch at Cross Creek. It's been a very long-running saga and there was a settlement between the city and the developer in August.