TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Supercharger - Manchester, TN

Discussion in 'Southeast' started by WINGIT, Mar 24, 2018.

1. Logger

Logger Member

Well, Jeff from Tesla responded back to my question. The only information he had was that it was scheduled to open up at the end of 2018. It appears that contacting the city would be the next step.

2. PLUS EV

PLUS EV Running on Empty

Complete non-answer of course.

• Like x 1
  3. sklancha

sklancha Member

Hate to break it to ya- but it is not all that uncommon for them to be functional for several weeks, but still not showing up as operational. The most recent we've gone to like that was in Tampa. This is why it is so helpful to have locals sharing the intelligence.

4. Logger

Logger Member

Called up the Mayor's office in Manchester. The nice lady on the phone told me that they were working on the supercharging station this week and she thinks they're close to being finished with it. We'll be traveling that way this Sunday, but it will be my wife, our 3 pets and myself and really not planning for any deviations from the trip that we don't need to take. That being said if it happens to show online on the Tesla navigation we'll definitely use it as it would save a good 30 minutes I feel on our trip. We could make it through TN without the detour to the Supercharger in Brentwood and then the one in Chattanooga. Both a good ways off the route we're taking.

• Like x 1
  5. WINGIT

WINGIT Supporting Member

I stopped by on Monday (5/7) and asked the staff at Dunkin Donuts about the status. I was told that the goal is by the end of May and definitely before Bonnaroo starts on June 7. With so much interest in this location, I hope it will be online soon.

• Informative x 1
  6. Graffi

Graffi Member

Any further updates? I would like to use this on July 1, very early morning, I hope. I also would like to skip Chattanooga on my way to Atlanta.

• Like x 1
  7. WINGIT

WINGIT Supporting Member

Try calling Dunkin Donuts and ask them.

8. Logger

Logger Member

The updated Tesla Supercharger map states an opening of Summer 2018 for Manchester. There's a new one going up in Nashville as well with a Summer 2018 opening.

9. kvandivo

kvandivo Member

I'm thinking the Dunkin Donuts staff was more Bonnaroo optimistic than realistic.

• Like x 1
  10. Ebony Star

Ebony Star Member

Anybody checked the Supercharger?

2018 Bonnaroo Music and Arts Festival
    Music Festival
    upload_2018-6-8_16-30-52.jpeg
    Dates: Jun 7, 2018 – Jun 11, 2018

11. Jim T

Jim T Member

Would have stopped Tuesday if operational... But, not knowing if it was open, went to Athens, AL supercharger instead. Don't think that there is anybody "local" that can easily check it.

12. diver111

diver111 New Member

I called Dunkin Donuts today and they said the charger is still not up and running. I live in Chattanooga and drive through there routinely, so ready for it to be open!

13. Jim T

Jim T Member

Apparently you were correct .... Bonnaroo is over... Nobody reporting the chargers are up and running.

14. EastCobbMom

EastCobbMom New Member

We stopped to see if it was working yet. It isn’t. We spoke to the company Forman that is installing everything. They are installing the transformers this week. Within the week they will be turning it over to the power company for them to turn the power on.

• Like x 3
    • Informative x 2
  15. CmdrThor

CmdrThor Active Member

Is anyone able to go by and check this one out?

16. Mattjones828

Mattjones828 Member

Just stopped by this morning (Wednesday 6/27) and still no change. One thing I read while waiting for a previous supercharger, is that the last thing they do is put numbers on the stalls. There’s still no numbers on the stall, but everything else seems to be complete. There was no sign of construction or other workers on site. Hopefully we’re getting close... I should be able to stop by again next week.

• Like x 2
    • Informative x 1
  17. qadaemon

qadaemon Member

Thanks for checking on it. This one would help us a lot so I really appreciate status updates.

• Like x 1
  18. WINGIT

WINGIT Supporting Member

I too want to thank you for checking. We used the Athens Ga superchager about 2 weeks ago and it was operational without all chargers being numbered. Not sure that's a definitive sign.

19. Jim T

Jim T Member

"ditto" to what qadaemon said. Thanks.

20. Logger

Logger Member

Many thanks for the updates!