TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
  1. TMC is currently READ ONLY.
    Click here for more info.

Supercharger - Manchester, TN

Discussion in 'Southeast' started by WINGIT, Mar 24, 2018.

1. nogajim

nogajim Member

Athens is the first one we used on our new Model 3. I thought I was a goof for not noticing the stall numbers.

• Funny x 1
  2. qadaemon

qadaemon Member

Stopped by just now. Doesn’t charge yet but the button opens and closes the charge door.

• Like x 1
  3. WINGIT

WINGIT Supporting Member

Thanks for the update! We hope to use it on July 20th. :)

4. Mattjones828

Mattjones828 Member

When I was there a couple days ago, the button was not opening the charge door, so at least we’re making some sort of progress!

5. qadaemon

qadaemon Member

We’re hoping to do the same on our return trip. Would be nice to skip Chattanooga and Brentwood since they are both out of the way for traveling on 24

• Like x 2
  6. Jim T

Jim T Member

Thanks for checking again... Keeping my fingers crossed... Been anxiously awaiting for several months... Would replace the Athens AL charger on my many trips to Huntsville.

• Like x 1
  7. freefaller1985

Found Manchester showing open this morning.Interesting it's only showing 72kw. 20180702_070502.jpg

• Informative x 3
    • Like x 1
  8. ceric930

ceric930 Member

Great news even if it's only 72KW. I will be heading to St. Louis tomorrow. It would be awesome if anyone gets a chance to check-in today to confirm it is working. I will certainly report it tomorrow too.

• Like x 1
  9. ceric930

ceric930 Member

Just called Tesla Roadside and they said it was online 2 days ago. She is not sure why it shows as 72KW. This is a much better stop than Chattanooga and Brentwood.

• Like x 2
  10. WINGIT

WINGIT Supporting Member

Woo Hoo! Wingit will feed very well on the way to Nashville. :)

11. Jim T

Jim T Member

It's been a loooooonnnngggg wait... But, HALLELUJAH... Headed to Huntsville/Auburn on Thursday... Don't need to charge, and its not the most direct route, but might go by and stop anyway... Highly likely will stop next Tuesday (return trip), instead of Athens AL, when I WILL need a charge. Let ya'll know how it goes.

• Like x 2
  12. Jim T

Jim T Member

Just checked the 'official' Tesla supercharger map. It does not yet show the site as "active"... Here are the details specified: "10 Superchargers, available 24/7, up to 72kW". So, apparently 72 KW it is... Disappointing.

13. ceric930

ceric930 Member

I am charging here now. It’s actually a 120kw charger. My model S 75 can get its peak rate of 96kw.

• Informative x 2
    • Like x 1
  14. WINGIT

WINGIT Supporting Member

We just saw that. :) We added the site to Plugshare yesterday. Wife just happened to look and saw your checkin. :D

15. Jim T

Jim T Member

Wahoo... Ever so glad (actually Tesla was) to be 'wrong'.

• Like x 1
  16. Graffi

Graffi Member

We just passed through in the late hours of Sunday morning but the NAV did not show this as open. Then traffic started backing up so nav sent us off-freeway towards Chattanooga before we even got to Manchester. Now I am thinking that we could have been the first to use this one. Oh, well, next year.

• Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
  17. ##BroadRipple

##BroadRipple TSLA fan.

That’s how it was for the “ Carmel IN “ Sc it was active before it was on the map. It was almost as exciting as getting that “Tesla software update available” alert on the

• Like x 2
  18. Jim T

Jim T Member

#78 Jim T, Jul 7, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2018
    from JimT: Charged for first time at the Manchester site around noon on Thursday (1B). All went well. Started @ 116 KW with battery 60% full. Added 129 miles in 42 minutes to nearly fill battery (319 miles) for trip to Auburn AL via Huntsville. Plan to fill battery again on return trip Tuesday, being fairly close to empty. (Had 39 miles left upon arrival in Auburn.) Will let ya' know how that goes...

• Like x 1
  19. qadaemon

qadaemon Member

Charging here now. Great to skip Chattanooga and Brentwood TN. Maxed at 93KW (90D) so I also concur it’s a “full speed” one.

• Like x 2
  20. ChrisC

ChrisC see signature