TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Supercharger - Manchester, TN

Discussion in 'Southeast' started by WINGIT, Mar 24, 2018.

1. Logger

Logger Member

Same here. Both of those chargers are too far off the path for my liking. Sadly we still charge at Chattanooga for just enough to get back home south of Atlanta. Once the Supercharging station goes up in northwestern Atlanta we can hit that one for 10 minutes to bypass Chattanooga.

I think it's been mislabeled since day one.

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  2. highfalutintodd

As an update, I think this is what's happening to me, too. When we got to both Chattanooga and Atlanta, I found that I had to plug and re-plug up to 5 times to get anything other than an immediate red light. Eventually it would start charging, give me a green light, and charge as normal, so it looks like it's me so I guess I'll have to get it in to Tesla.

Bighorn, what ended up being wrong with yours?

3. Devilstower

Devilstower Member

We recently did a swing across Missouri, Illinois, Kentucky, and Tennessee, with stops in the Smokies, Chatanooga and Nashville.

Along this route, I think the Manchester stop was my favorite. Not only was it large and uncrowded, it was right there in the parking lot where you could grab a donut and coffee -- perfect for a 20-minute stop.

The worst location on the route, by far, was Nashville, where every stall was crowded, the dealer was using the charger to charge up cars while in-transit drivers waited, the charger was dog-slow, and they put a time limit on my charge that, combined with the miserable charge rate, forced me to limp slowly to the next charger on my route. Plus the Nashville charger is near nothing, so there was little to do, and nothing to eat, while waiting.

4. M3BlueGeorgia

M3BlueGeorgia Active Member

There's a new Supercharger in Nashville under construction.
    According to Supercharge.info, it will have 12 stalls each at 250 kWh
    Off I-24, one exit south of I-440 and 3 miles south of I-40.

5. ztodd

ztodd Member

As others have commented, despite the Tesla map showing this as a max of 74kw, I get 120kw+ when charging as well. Afraid to report it for fear Tesla might "fix" the bug and cap the charging rate (doubtful, I know)

6. M3BlueGeorgia

M3BlueGeorgia Active Member

You must be happy about the Acworth, GA location, in that case.

7. shots

shots Member

No we need to tell Tesla to update this. Our computers don't factor this one in because it is seen as 72 kW. Computer told me it would take 70 minutes to get the charge i needed there on my Indy->Atlanta trip when in fact it took 25. This needs to be updated.

Also I looked the equipment and it should be 150 kW chargers (also they are labeled as 135 kW, but I've seen that label on many so called "150 kW" chargers. I wonder why the difference.)

8. mociaf9

mociaf9 Active Member

Even though they maxed out at 120 kW previously, 135 kW was actually the original rating for the hardware before Tesla increased it. They just didn't update all the labeling.

9. shots

shots Member

There I was, in the middle of nowhere Texas (Van Horn) charging up at 10:30 PM when I run into a Tesla employe doing maintenance on the chargers there. We get to talking for a bit, mostly things that started with "You cannot talk about this on the internet". I mentioned this Supercharger in Manchester that was erroneously marked on the computer. I had pictures to prove it, and he promised to look into.

I've been checking my computer for the last month and finally today, voila! It is correctly labeled as 150 kW!

• Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
  10. EnrgyNDpndnce

EnrgyNDpndnce Member

I’m pretty sure there’s a one month statute of limitations on all “can’t talk about this on the internet” type conversations. May only be two weeks in Texas. So spill the beans man, what other nuggets were discussed that night?!!?

11. Traffic_Cone

Traffic_Cone Member

Hey guys. I was driving by the supercharger in Manchester, TN today when I saw this. Looks like somebody drove into it hard. Sorry about the far away shots.

Attached Files:

12. CyberGus

CyberGus Not Just a Member

Within spec

• Funny x 6
    • Informative x 1
  13. mociaf9

mociaf9 Active Member

Oh, only single stall damaged. That's a relief. From the thread title, I thought it was the whole station.

• Like x 2
  14. dinonugget

dinonugget Member

On par with current Tesla build quality :p.

15. Rocky_H

Rocky_H Well-Known Member

• Helpful x 1
  16. Traffic_Cone

Traffic_Cone Member

Ok, Thanks!