Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Manorville NY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Electric contractors there today (Monday).

Attachments

• 3AFAEBFE-9902-42E3-A98B-8D21C05132C8.png
    3AFAEBFE-9902-42E3-A98B-8D21C05132C8.png
    3 MB · Views: 188
I stopped by on Monday 4/25/22 not b/c I needed a charge, but b/c I wanted to replenish what I had lost driving by the eastern end of long island and I wanted to try out this location. also, my weekly destination charging garage in the city has been giving me a hard time the past few weeks I wanted to avoid having to visit until some time has passed.

I was the only one at SCing at around 3:30 pm on a Monday. I squeezed into stall 1A although it's been so long since i've used a non urban SCer that I don't know the new power sharing arrangement. I only got 25 kW of power but my 2015 85D had roughly 200 miles of rated range "in the tank" so throttling may not have been to blame -- it was probably an extreme taper that was at fault.

the stall arrangement at this location IIRC is 1A 2A 3A 4A 1B 2B 3B 4B. how is power shared between stalls these days? I need to be re-educated.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

the stall arrangement at this location IIRC is 1A 2A 3A 4A 1B 2B 3B 4B. how is power shared between stalls these days? I need to be re-educated.
This is a V3 Supercharger where the stalls are in groups of 4. But that doesn't matter much because each group of 4 is capable of dispensing 925 kW (or close to it) to the 4 pedestals attached, at a max of 250kW per pedestal (for now anyway). I.e. it doesn't do power sharing like prior Superchargers.

However, each group of 4 can only pull in 350kW from the grid. The remaining 575 kW comes from a shared DC bus which is fed from other 4-pedestal chargers, solar panels, and/or stationary on-site battery. I believe the maximum number of these chargers that can be ganged together in this fashion or 7 (for a total of 28 stalls sharing the same DC bus) (this means that mega-sites like Firebaugh, CA with 56 stalls are actually arranged in 2 groups of 28).

So technically if a whole bunch of cars capable of 250kW charging and low SOC, pre-conditioned batteries show up at a site without on-site storage or solar panels, they may get as little as 350/4 (87.5kW) each, but the odds of this happening will be extremely low. Usually you don't have to worry about power sharing at V3 sites because you'll either have some empty stalls or cars that are not pulling the full 250kW.

Either way, everyone is in the same boat. It doesn't matter which stall you plug into.

• Informative
Reactions: Galve2000