Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Manteca, CA - Perimeter Drive (LIVE 12 Feb 2015, expanded 12 Dec 2017, 20 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have good news to report. They have started construction at the site at the orchard valley mall. The site is the same one that the Manteca planners approved. It is just west of the bass pro shops store on the outer perimeter road of the mall. Access is very easy from the entrance just east if bass pro. No need to get mixed up with shopper traffic if you go around on the east perimeter.
That is great news!

I'd pretty much given up on Manteca after Tesla cancelled it post permit approval. Trips to Tahoe will soon be much easier. :)

Right now now all they have done is put up a fence around the site of about 10 parking spaces and they began digging and forming up an area for the transformer and the power electronics. Looks like they just started so I'm not sure how long it takes to build one. I would guess a couple of months but really have no idea.

How long it takes depends on lots of factors (like PGE hookup and final permits). Atascadero was finished in 3 weeks, San Juan Capistrano took about 6 months. Glad it looks like it's starting.

"Coming soon" Supercharger in the Manteca CA area

@palmer_md, impressive detective work but...what makes you certain this is a Supercharger site?

Given that Tesla reportedly withdrew their Manteca permit for that site, have they applied again and been approved and no one picked up on that?

I very much want your report to be true as I will use a Manteca Supercharger several times a year for trips to the Yosemite area.

@palmer_md, impressive detective work but...what makes you certain this is a Supercharger site?

To be honest there is not anything that says "hey I'm a Tesla supercharger location", but what else could they possibly be building at this site that has had approval from the Manteca planning board, and then they only fence off about 10 parking spaces and set up some forms to pour a small concrete pad for what looks like a transformer? I can't imagine what else they could possibly want to build in that location that is that small.

The real tell tale sign will be when they next dig the trench from the hole in the ground where the pad is to be located into the parking spaces. If that happens next, then that should satisfy most doubters.

For now I guess you will just have to trust my intuition (heck, I did post the first picture of a Tesla charging at a Supercharger back in Sept, 23 2012 Confirmed supercharger location in Folsom CA - Page 2 - link goes to MyNissanLeaf site where I posted the image on a Sept 23 posting)

"Coming soon" Supercharger in the Manteca CA area

@palmer_md, again, I hope your intuition is correct, and thanks for your report. As you say, in the near future -- hopefully -- it will become clear if that site is for an SC or something else. I probably won't be traveling through that area until next spring.

Thank goodness you own a camera and know how to use it!!! It amazes me how many tesla motors club members go to a supercharger site and don't take pictures!! I've even been quilty of it, go figure!! So thank you for posting a photo of what looks to be the beginning of a supercharger site! Keep your camera with you. We are always looking forward to photos!!

I have good news to report. They have started construction at the site at the orchard valley mall. The site is the same one that the Manteca planners approved. It is just west of the bass pro shops store on the outer perimeter road of the mall. Access is very easy from the entrance just east if bass pro. No need to get mixed up with shopper traffic if you go around on the east perimeter.

Right now now all they have done is put up a fence around the site of about 10 parking spaces and they began digging and forming up an area for the transformer and the power electronics. Looks like they just started so I'm not sure how long it takes to build one. I would guess a couple of months but really have no idea.

Drove over there earlier this evening to check out the site. Not much has changed. Still no evidence to support or disprove the super charger theory.

SpC.jpg

DSC_0029.JPG

DSC_0030.JPG

DSC_0031.JPG

DSC_0032.JPG

DSC_0033.JPG

Last edited:
No work this morning. The trenches are done and I would be incredibly surprised if it is anything but a supercharger. Big rectangular hole in the corner of the parking lot connected to a long narrow trench running along the back of about 8 parking spaces. Looks like the connection to utilities is about 100 yards to the east along the loop road.

No work this morning. The trenches are done and I would be incredibly surprised if it is anything but a supercharger. Big rectangular hole in the corner of the parking lot connected to a long narrow trench running along the back of about 8 parking spaces. Looks like the connection to utilities is about 100 yards to the east along the loop road.
Thanks for the update. That definitely sounds like SuperChargers. Tahoe trips from SoCal will be so much easier. I can't wait.