Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Marin City, CA - Donahue Street (LIVE 3 Sep 2020, 16 urban stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I stopped by this afternoon (11/26). 16 chargers look almost ready to go. The site is nearly complete.
46AF6C8A-DCFC-4829-BB9E-88EAFFC87AF2.jpeg

Since this is the "last chance to charge" before hitting the bridge and the city, which barely has any SC infrastructure, I am surprised this is not a v3 installation. Much easier/ faster access than the Novato or Corte Madera locations. New Greenbrae location might be fast depending on how Sir Francis Drake is rolling.

And I'm betting that Greenbrae is online before Novato at this rate! :):):):):)

Since this is the "last chance to charge" before hitting the bridge and the city, which barely has any SC infrastructure, I am surprised this is not a v3 installation. Much easier/ faster access than the Novato or Corte Madera locations. New Greenbrae location might be fast depending on how Sir Francis Drake is rolling.

And I'm betting that Greenbrae is online before Novato at this rate! :):):):):)

Superchargers are all about charging for long trips, so anything close or in larger cities will be urban chargers. Novato is the northern part of the Bay Area, so it makes sense to but 150 kW in that location.

Greenbrae has just begun the permitting process. Novato looks to be completely done and just waiting for final approvals from the city and/or PG&E. No way it comes online before Greenbrae.

Marin City is another story. There hasn't been any noticeable work done for months.

The Greenbrae comment was a joke since Novato has taken so long... hence the multiple smiley emojis....:)

I have never understood nor agreed with the concept or urban superchargers, especially when they are located along a major highway like 101 which leads through the city and to parts south.

The positive thing is the urban SC at this location means people will spend longer shopping / eating etc in this center, and this depressed center definitely needs that given the struggles they have been having.

Urban chargers are designed to be near or in urban centers, and nearly all are in or near shopping malls. As such, they are bound to also be along major highways.

The idea is that drivers will exit the car and shop and/or eat nearby, so it's mutually beneficial to Tesla owners and the stores/restaurants. Having a slower charge rate supports the concept. Otherwise, drivers will be more apt to sit in their car and watch Netflix or play Stardrew Valley. I can see me going to Marin City and charging up while eating at Panda Express. Mmmm, orange chicken... :)