Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - McDermitt, NV

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So basically not anywhere close to complete :)
I’ll give you that on the transformer since without it, it can’t be complete.

Signs are two bolts and maybe 2 nuts each. Lights are 4 bolts and 3 wire nuts. Maybe 2 hours of work. Compared to the rest of the site work needed for a supercharger, relatively minor. And transformer will probably be 4 hours of work. Drop precast base, pull wires through base, drop transformer on top, bolt down, connect wires. Easily doable in 1 day. So mostly complete

Reactions: DrGriz and Rocky_H
PXL_20230612_210449523.MP~2.jpg

Oops, forgot to leave a caption! The photo above is from today 6/12 around 2pm. To the lady I met at Sunny Ridge yesterday, if you are here, I made it!!!! Boise - Winnemucca with 19 miles to spare :)
That was me! You did better than I did, I left out of Sunny Ridge with an alleged 215 miles of range (which I knew better than to believe) and made it the 175 miles to Winnemucca with only 12 miles left!! I kept it between 60 and 65 mph but it was raining quite a bit, and I know these 20" Sport wheels did me no favors on this trip as far as range. As thankful as I am for the service that Sunny Ridge provides for EV drivers along this route, I'm not planning on making this trip again until the superchargers are open in McDermitt. I hope those mosquitos at Sunny Ridge didn't get you too bad!

As a side note, I spoke to the gentleman that runs Sunny Ridge and he told me that some Tesla drivers try to sneak out without paying. In particular, he mentioned a Model 3 with a paint or wrap job that fades from dark blue to white. If you are lurking this site, know that you won't get away with it twice, he will remember you next time lol.

That was me! You did better than I did, I left out of Sunny Ridge with an alleged 215 miles of range (which I knew better than to believe) and made it the 175 miles to Winnemucca with only 12 miles left!! I kept it between 60 and 65 mph but it was raining quite a bit, and I know these 20" Sport wheels did me no favors on this trip as far as range. As thankful as I am for the service that Sunny Ridge provides for EV drivers along this route, I'm not planning on making this trip again until the superchargers are open in McDermitt. I hope those mosquitos at Sunny Ridge didn't get you too bad!

As a side note, I spoke to the gentleman that runs Sunny Ridge and he told me that some Tesla drivers try to sneak out without paying. In particular, he mentioned a Model 3 with a paint or wrap job that fades from dark blue to white. If you are lurking this site, know that you won't get away with it twice, he will remember you next time lol.
Where is this “Sunny Ridge” located? I have driven from Boise to SF and that does not ring a bell. I have seen a Model 3 with a wrap like that near my home in Ada County.

I took note of how many miles I had remaining as a passed by Sunny Ridge on my way back to Winnemucca, and I was sitting at 183! You weren't kidding about the big climb between Boise and Jordan Valley!! I encountered heavy rain for about 30mins. Definitely the sketchiest long range drive I've done! 258 miles total, including some big climbs.

This new McDermitt station is *definitely* needed.

Reactions: DrGriz
Rocky,

You must have been a very good boy this past year. Santa is answering your letter! (Seriously, though, you've endured long enough on this route. Now, if only John Day will get one, you can have your cake and eat it too.)
I have been waiting three years
Thank you
Why? A junction is nothing more than a turn of the steering wheel. It's not where people stop. This route is for the most part very empty, and there are very few places where there are any amenities, and you need something where people can tolerate waiting for 20 minutes or so. A fork in the road isn't that.

Thank you for finding this; it feels a bit closer to real now. I've tried to use that Shell Recharge station with my CHAdeMO adapter, and it was a nervous 6 or 7 tries just to get the dang station to activate. Credit card readers wouldn't work, connection errors trying to communicate to the station with phone apps, etc. It was pretty bad, so I'm glad to get a more reliable Supercharger station.
i had same experience with CHAdeMO adapter…multiple attempts with credit card and reset with tech support…stressful 15-20 minutes delay every time. I found going around via Hinds and Alturas less stressful but longer on an already sunrise to sunset drive.

Reactions: DrGriz and Rocky_H