Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - McDermitt, NV

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A family member drove down to Reno on Friday and back to Boise today. Stopped at the market in McDermitt to use the Shell Recharge. (one of two working!) The person at the market told him the SC was to be done in two weeks. On Friday there wasn't much construction, but by today he said there had been a bunch of digging, conduit appeared to be roughed in and he said there is a cabinet box present. Not holding my breath for two weeks, but the progress seems real. @Rocky_H

I normally don't mark sites under construction without pictures, but I'll make an exception for this one.

If anyone is in the area, please post pictures.

Sweet! I might have a need to drive from Central Oregon to Vegas in three weeks. While I have a CCS adapter, the PlugShare updates for the BP Shell chargers aren’t very encouraging. Will have to keep an eye on this thread to see if this route (Hines-Winnemucca) will become viable.

Last edited:
Reactions: SnowFlyer
Thanks for the update!
I’m pissed that TESLA is installing a second SC in Coeur d’Alene when we only have one in the Treasure Valley (Boise). We are by far the more populated area than north Idaho, so WTF!!!?????
TBH, this happens a lot. Some places end up supercharger rich and others don't. It often is just a matter of where they are able to make deals for spaces in a place with suitable utility availability.

I appologize for nudging this thread sideways. I was just trying to see if there was some previously undisclosed information about another site out there. For those of us who have tracked the Supercharger network expansion since the beginning, the Tesla Find Us page has not been a reliable source of future expansion (sometimes not even reliable about what is currently there). Sites get built that were never on Tesla maps while other indicated future sites go years without being built. Should Tesla do better? Yea, and I think the Find Us has been better in recent years but it's really just a suggestion of what Tesla wants to do, not concrete plans. 'Nuff said, back to McDermitt.
I, too, did not mean to get terse. I concur with your sentiments about the Find Us page. Evidently, it needs work, which is almost laughable considering the tech prowess that TESLA wields.

This is the McDermitt, Nevada discussion thread. Please take all further non-McDermitt discussion (the Find Us map, plans for Coeur D'Alene, etc.), comments and clarifications to the appropriate thread or private message.

Thank you!

Moderator note: A number of posts (about a dozen) discussing Coeur D'Alene were moved to that thread

Last edited by a moderator:
A family member drove down to Reno on Friday and back to Boise today. Stopped at the market in McDermitt to use the Shell Recharge. (one of two working!) The person at the market told him the SC was to be done in two weeks. On Friday there wasn't much construction, but by today he said there had been a bunch of digging, conduit appeared to be roughed in and he said there is a cabinet box present. Not holding my breath for two weeks, but the progress seems real. @Rocky_H
This is exciting!

Too much to ask for pictures? Worth 1000 words and all...

• Helpful
Reactions: THEbuz
I thought that was Murphy’s Law…?????
Different thing. Murphy's Law is "If something can go wrong, it will."

Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle is about trying to measure and observe very small particles. It is saying that you can't precisely measure the position and speed of the particle at the same time. The more you try to nail down one, the less you know about the other. Or put in another way, the very act of measuring one of those characteristics disturbs the particle and so changes the other characteristic.

So I was making a joke about how you can either know about the progress or see a picture, but not both.

Alright you animals. Well, after getting my hot little hands on these photos, I feel like my family member oversold the progress a bit, but they said three days prior there was a lot less progress! So you can take that to the bank.
1682113275671.png
1682113304876.png

Alright you animals. Well, after getting my hot little hands on these photos, I feel like my family member oversold the progress a bit, but they said three days prior there was a lot less progress! So you can take that to the bank. View attachment 930658View attachment 930659

Hey, it's digging! :)

Could go fast - this seems like the kind of place for a prefab installation.

Reactions: skitown and THEbuz