Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Menomonie, WI

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm not sure that's possible because four requires one cabinet eight requires two, I'm unsure how it could be V3 with only six because if there are two transformers it supports 8. 🤔
Two V3 Cabinets with 3 stalls each. Room for additional expansion if required depending on site limitations. Most of the installations across the Transcanada hwy are 6 stall V3 setups.

I had read earlier this year they had the location in the parking lot of Woodmans that went before the board of Menomonee falls. There was a discrepancy of the stalls being 1 foot too short according to local code and havnt seen anything more. After that meeting it changed from the MF Superchargers on the Tesla map target opening fall of 2021 to mid 2022. So if this info is true from Teslas owner motor club, thats great news. WIll be interesting if the location is still the Parking lot of Woodmans. That would be great right off HW45 and 145. Easy on easy off.

• Informative
Reactions: mociaf9
Walgreens Menom.jpg

I'm guessing we'll have more confirmation soon, but this is looking like an 8-stall installation, which would make sense, given the amount of 94/90 traffic these days.

This one and Tomah are very welcome additions to the network.

If four cars are charging per cabinet, is there enough capacity for them to all get 250 kW? Would it be needed to reduce it to 3 cars per cabinet for all three to get 300 kW?
Yes. I'm pretty sure each cabinet is 1MW.

More than likely, over 250kW will be achieved by splitting power, like V2 chargers did. A peak rate at 300kW will likely be so short that it won't matter much.

Reactions: PStewart
Yes. I'm pretty sure each cabinet is 1MW.

More than likely, over 250kW will be achieved by splitting power, like V2 chargers did. A peak rate at 300kW will likely be so short that it won't matter much.

Each V3 cabinet is capable of receiving 350 kW AC input from the grid and another 575 kW DC input from its neighboring cabinets (up to 7 cabinets can share with one another), battery storage, and/or solar.

A single cabinet, 4 stall installation with no solar or battery storage would max out at 87.5 kW per car if the site was full. A two cabinet, 8 stall installation with no solar or battery storage would also max out at 87.5 kW per car if the site was full. These numbers increase with solar and/or battery storage depending on how much is available.

Many sites, despite having enough cabinet capacity, are limited by the transformer that feeds the site. I've seen 8 stall V3s on a 500 kVA transformer, which would effectively restrict vehicles to 62.5 kW each if the site was full.

Of course, as vehicles approach full and ramp down their charge rates, more power becomes available for other vehicles. So in practice, it's rare for users of V3 sites to experience throttling and that will become even less frequent as Tesla adds solar and/or batteries to busy sites. Since V3 sites share power between cabinets, users really don't have to think about where they plug in, since power can be directed anywhere. Gone are the days of A-B pairing, which is great.

Last edited:
Each V3 cabinet is capable of receiving 350 kW AC input from the grid and another 575 kW DC input from its neighboring cabinets (up to 7 cabinets can share with one another), battery storage, and/or solar.

A single cabinet, 4 stall installation with no solar or battery storage would max out at 87.5 kW per car if the site was full. A two cabinet, 8 stall installation with no solar or battery storage would also max out at 87.5 kW per car if the site was full. These numbers increase with solar and/or battery storage depending on how much is available.

Many sites, despite having enough cabinet capacity, are limited by the transformer that feeds the site. I've seen 8 stall V3s on a 500 kVA transformer, which would effectively restrict vehicles to 62.5 kW each if the site was full.

Of course, as vehicles approach full and ramp down their charge rates, more power becomes available for other vehicles. So in practice, it's rate for users of V3 sites to experience throttling and that will become even less frequent as Tesla adds solar and/or batteries to busy sites. Since V3 sites share power between cabinets, users really don't have to think about where they plug in, since power can be directed anywhere. Gone are the days of A-B pairing, which is great.
Well I learned something new today - thanks for taking the time to explain! I guess it was a little foolish to assume that they would feed a site with a full 2MW from the grid. Typical 8-stall installs use a 1000kVA transformer though, right?