Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Morrisburg, ON

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1706096249552.png

Canadian tire morrisburg

This is very welcome news for travelers on the 401 Corridor between Montreal and Toronto, arguably the most important one in Canada. This allows for bypassing the V2 Supercharger in Cornwall making a quicker trip. Roughly half way between the V3 Supercharger at Gananoque and the V2 at Pointe Claire. Now if only the long awaited V3 at Vaudreuil, QC is built and commissioned....

Dumb location - this should be in Prescott! Then you get Ottawa-Toronto drivers. This location doesn't work so well if you are taking the 416 to Ottawa, or going from Ottawa to the US.
Nothing against Prescott, but Ottawa to Toronto already has two V3 Superchargers 67 miles apart - Kemptville and Gananoque. Morrisburg is a good V3 alternative to the V2 in Cornwall, enabling an easy trip to Montreal utilizing only V3 stations.

Reactions: RedOctober
Dumb location - this should be in Prescott! Then you get Ottawa-Toronto drivers. This location doesn't work so well if you are taking the 416 to Ottawa, or going from Ottawa to the US.
Agree that a Brockville or Prescott would enable Toronto to Ottawa travelers and it is worth mentioning that it is still on Tesla's Find us webpage with a targeted opening in 2024. Disagree that this is dumb location - very convenient for Toronto - Montreal travelers.

Nothing against Prescott, but Ottawa to Toronto already has two V3 Superchargers 67 miles apart - Kemptville and Gananoque. Morrisburg is a good V3 alternative to the V2 in Cornwall, enabling an easy trip to Montreal utilizing only V3 stations.
But does it really change for Montreal-Toronto travelers if this were in Prescott instead of Morrisburg? And 67 miles is actually a pretty long stretch on the 401 east of Toronto. Between Port Hope and Gananoque you have Port Hope, Cobourg, Trenton, Belleville, Napanee, Gananoque and Kingstonx2. That's 8 SC sites in 184km or one every 23km or 14 miles. Maybe they can do both Brockville (or Prescott) and Morrisburg.

Last edited:
Agree that a Brockville or Prescott would enable Toronto to Ottawa travelers and it is worth mentioning that it is still on Tesla's Find us webpage with a targeted opening in 2024.
Brockville has been on the Coming Soon map since 2018. I hope it happens but this is the longest that I have seen in my 9 years of owning a Tesla. And Prescott would be a better location for folks going to/from the US from Ottawa and crossing over at the Seaway-Skyway bridge.

Brockville has been on the Coming Soon map since 2018. I hope it happens but this is the longest that I have seen in my 9 years of owning a Tesla. And Prescott would be a better location for folks going to/from the US from Ottawa and crossing over at the Seaway-Skyway bridge.
Went to a presentation given by the Tesla Supercharger Exec for Ontario in November 2022. Tesla has a corporate culture of extreme secrecy, but the Exec did mention more that once that a lot of attention is being given to the Kingston - Montreal portion of the 401. Since then, Gananoque has opened up and now Morrisburg is under construction. He furthered requested that if anybody knows a spot around Brockville or Prescott they would be real happy to follow up. He gave the impression that a lot of energy has been spent on potential sites only to have roadblocks thrown up in terms of permitting, hydro availability (a 12 Stall V3 Supercharger has to the same amount of power available as a Walmart Supercenter). Other factors have an impact such as ingress and egress - where does the snow get placed when the site is plowed in winter, proximity to washrooms and restaurants etc come into play. My comment to him was the perfect can be the enemy of the good....

It's not a dumb location. It's a good location, it's just not serving that route. It's closer to the V2 Cornwall, ON Supercharger so will help to replace/supplement that one.

Still needs something in between.