Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Mountain Village, CO - Mountain Village Blvd

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Would LOVE to do that drive although from what I hear, foreigners aren't allowed to rent cars in China.

Foreigners can rent cars in China, it's just that China doesn't recognise foreign driver's licenses. You have to first get a Chinese license: apparently it's possible to apply for a 90-day "provisional driving permit" upon presentation of your foreign license, without having to do any kind of driving test.

Telluride from Gondola_20230112ed_143852083.jpg

A winter picture of Telluride from the gondola last week. Had to go over there for a blood drive (I'm up to eleven gallons donated over the years). Mountain Village Superchargers continue to work fine. The parking garage can be rather full, given that it is ski season, but there was plenty of space on the lowest levels on a weekday. Parking during the day is free — they only charge for overnight parking.

I've only been to Telluride once in the winter to snowboard and must admit it's one of the prettiest mountain areas I've ever been to.
I've skied all of the more than two dozen areas in Colorado, as well as well as twenty or so in other states. Telluride gets my vote for the most scenic. Stopped skiing some years ago when they raised the price, even for locals, beyond my willingness to pay.

Favorite run was "Bushwacker," a black diamond cruiser. They use winch cats to groom it because it is too steep for regular snow cats. Plenty of bumps on other very steep runs for those who prefer them. Also lots of good blue runs, including the several mile long, aptly named, "See Forever." Favorite view was from the top of chair 6, looking into Bear Creek Canyon one way and at the La Sal Mountains in Utah (near Moab) the other direction. The runs at Telluride are over 12,000 feet in places, so a bit high for those coming from sea level.