Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - New Caney, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I note that the 'four bangers' have, what appears, as a 'buffer stall' between them. If there are three such gaps, I suspect that the 'gaps' will be marked for Rivian, Ford F-150 and other EVs that preferentially align to the left of the charger in order to connect.

In other words, those spots allow the non-Teslas to not occupy two Supercharger ports by parking within a group of chargers. Expect to see the magic dock on these chargers.

View attachment 975142
Are non-Tesla EVs being allowed to charge at non Magic Dock locations? I know we can't visually identify these chargers as Magic Docks due to the protective shipping material they are wrapped in currently, but that would be interesting to know. I don't believe I've seen a mix of "standard NACS" and Magic Docks at the same location, but the installation of magic docks in the gaps only would solve the issue you described. Can't wait for the wraps to come off.

Reactions: Alex Philips
Was at the Tesla Service center doing a test drive this past weekend, saw a MachE attempt to plug in to charge there at those stalls in the front. Charge port was in front left so pulled straight in and for a moment took up two chargers as the cable was short so he used the charger to the left of his parking spot. Until he realized NACS <> CCS port on his car. Then left. Seems there will be chaos for a while. CCS cars should depreciate like crazy in the US

Was at the Tesla Service center doing a test drive this past weekend, saw a MachE attempt to plug in to charge there at those stalls in the front. Charge port was in front left so pulled straight in and for a moment took up two chargers as the cable was short so he used the charger to the left of his parking spot. Until he realized NACS <> CCS port on his car. Then left. Seems there will be chaos for a while. CCS cars should depreciate like crazy in the US
You mean like my Model S Plaid has depreciated dropping $40k overnight due to price drops? Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love my car and never plan on selling it, but I can't say it didn't sting a bit with that price drop!

I do agree with you though for N. America cars with legacy CCS. People are not going to want them.

You mean like my Model S Plaid has depreciated dropping $40k overnight due to price drops? Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love my car and never plan on selling it, but I can't say it didn't sting a bit with that price drop!

I do agree with you though for N. America cars with legacy CCS. People are not going to want them.
Yeah that hurts just to hear about. Not sure if T is trying to put pressure on Lucid and others (by lowering prices) until they get their NACS ports or what. But even then, those non T automakers need to put the charging ports on the driver's side rear, or passenger's side front, which they arent doing en masse. Still dont see how this is not going to cause problems at superchargers with ppl taking up multiple spots.

In the announcement of Ford's adoption of NACS, the CEO Jim Farley said that Ford EV owners will be sent a NACS-CCS adapter.
In GM's announcement of NACS adoption, Mary Barra said that an adapter would be "available".

So, most CCS EVs shouldn't depreciate because they'll be able to use the Supercharger V3+.

In addition, VAG and Hyundai haven't committed to NACS. Tesla doesn't even have 1000V charging enabled on their V4 yet.

And in the next couple of years NEVI funding is going to add a _lot_ of CCS, and this time with uptime requirements. At the same time EA hasn't finished adding new sites.

Yeah that hurts just to hear about. Not sure if T is trying to put pressure on Lucid and others (by lowering prices) until they get their NACS ports or what. But even then, those non T automakers need to put the charging ports on the driver's side rear, or passenger's side front, which they arent doing en masse. Still dont see how this is not going to cause problems at superchargers with ppl taking up multiple spots.

In Europe at holiday time there were some problems, but overall polite CCS vehicle owners who regularly use Superchargers have got used to grouping so they don't take up a lot of extra stalls. (If possible, park at the end of a row.) V4 will gradually fix it, of course.

Last edited:
This was taken on 9/31. I thought this location would be open by now, but still not showing up on the app.

IMG_2975.jpg