Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - New Philadelphia, OH

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Showing on the map for this quarter. Will they make it?

Screenshot 2023-04-17 at 11.44.10 PM.png

Although this is a much need location, I still don’t understand why Tesla completely neglects US-30 in Ohio. This is yet another missed opportunity to alleviate a terrible oversight on their part.

I don't see it as a missed opportunity.

This location is much better for I-77 travel.

For a Canton Supercharger to serve US-30 and I-77 it would probably have to be somewhere like the Canton Center that wouldn't really be convenient for either I-77 or US-30.

I think it'd be better to have separate locations.

Tesla has North Canton, OH on their findus for 2023 Q3 so that should cover I-77.

US-30 is a different matter. There's a mall west of Mansfield, OH. Also a mall and some other stuff in Masillion/Navarre.

Last edited:
New Philadelphia, OH

Host Type: Gas Station
Host: Sheetz
Along Primary Interstates: I-77
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-250
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

I-77

To: End (I-90 at Cleveland, OH) - 82.9 miles
Diversion: 0.8 miles

US-250

To: Fairmont, WV - 137.9 miles
Diversion: 2.6 miles
To: Staunton, VA (v2) - 304.6 miles

Splitter! On I-77 New Philadelphia, OH will split 121.8 miles, 39.7 miles from Cambridge, OH, and 82.9 miles to the end at I-90 in Cleveland, OH.
It's #26 on the list, so should appear in the table reasonably soon, unless by a miracle its built and opened faster than other Ohio locations. .

It's also on US-250.

Sorry, in this sense a splitter is a Supercharger in a gap between existing Superchargers of more than 100 miles.

I assume you're looking for a different kind of splitter.
no - I was looking for that definition - which is why google is useless, because "Tesla splitter" would only give results having to do with splitting a charging cable or something.

I'm trying to understand the supercharger "splitter" lingo. There's a bunch of them. Every time I see "splitter" in supercharger threads, it looks like people are talking about them negatively. But I can't understand why that would be the case. Seems like a good thing.

Reactions: 1101011
no - I was looking for that definition - which is why google is useless, because "Tesla splitter" would only give results having to do with splitting a charging cable or something.

I'm trying to understand the supercharger "splitter" lingo. There's a bunch of them. Every time I see "splitter" in supercharger threads, it looks like people are talking about them negatively. But I can't understand why that would be the case. Seems like a good thing.
This may help provide some context and clarity: Wiki - Largest gaps between Superchargers on US Interstates

Reactions: Tezla041
Sorry - I'd already seen that, and didn't help at all - thus my original question, which still stands. I must be dense.

Are you confusing V2 Supercharger power splitting (every two pedestals sharing one power cabinet) with the context of this thread - which is distance between Supercharger sites on the interstate highway system? Context matters. They are two very different uses of the term "splitting".

Well, I'm not really negative. If I call a Splitter! Pathetic it's not actually saying it's useless, just that it won't bring the gap below 100 miles or it doesn't make a significant difference to a larger gap. The term is a reference to a UK comic. These are usually supplementing existing, smaller sites, especially older V2 sites, as is happening with a bunch of new locations in Montana and they just happen to be in gaps over 100 miles. I first used the term for Asheville - Thetford St, NC which at the time was in a notably large gap on I-26 of 253.8 miles, and was 5.7 miles from the existing V2 in Asheville. With a gap that size people obviously were wanting more Superchargers on I-26 and that new one obviously made little difference.

If people are negative about them, it's usually because they'd like them somewhere else or would like another site to split the gap more. Over time Tesla owners have become more demanding. Recently somebody complained that there wasn't a Supercharger within 6 miles of their location/destination.

Well, I'm not really negative. If I call a Splitter! Pathetic it's not actually saying it's useless, just that it won't bring the gap below 100 miles or it doesn't make a significant difference to a larger gap. The term is a reference to a UK comic. These are usually supplementing existing, smaller sites, especially older V2 sites, as is happening with a bunch of new locations in Montana and they just happen to be in gaps over 100 miles. I first used the term for Asheville - Thetford St, NC which at the time was in a notably large gap on I-26 of 253.8 miles, and was 5.7 miles from the existing V2 in Asheville. With a gap that size people obviously were wanting more Superchargers on I-26 and that new one obviously made little difference.

If people are negative about them, it's usually because they'd like them somewhere else or would like another site to split the gap more. Over time Tesla owners have become more demanding. Recently somebody complained that there wasn't a Supercharger within 6 miles of their location/destination.
Thank you for understanding my question, and finally someone answering it. Much appreciated. Wouldn't every new station "split" two other locations? Is it possible to have a new location not be a "splitter"?