Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Newark, DE

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The new location won't cure stupidity.

I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt and assume they started out parked between the lines as painted and then re-aligned diagonally so that the cord could reach and that they wouldn't do this if the lines were painted correctly. In any event, having 12 chargers should solve the problem even if stupid drivers occupy two slots each.

I do note that I ended up talking Tesla to random folks in both directions at this supercharger. I've had more Tesla conversations at this charger than every other charger added together.

I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt and assume they started out parked between the lines as painted and then re-aligned diagonally so that the cord could reach and that they wouldn't do this if the lines were painted correctly. In any event, having 12 chargers should solve the problem even if stupid drivers occupy two slots each.

I do note that I ended up talking Tesla to random folks in both directions at this supercharger. I've had more Tesla conversations at this charger than every other charger added together.[/
QUOTE]

I agree. It is rare that I don't run into someone that wants to 'talk Tesla' at Newark. This is the ONLY downside to the placement of the 12 new stations. Remote enough to get little public interest.

I was there Saturday mid - afternoon getting a quick 15 minute charge, enough to get me home, and there was a crew of about 4 guys working on the new chargers. I was surprised given it was the weekend, but it gives the impressing that they aren't dragging their feet getting the site operational. Good news.

I agree. It is rare that I don't run into someone that wants to 'talk Tesla' at Newark. This is the ONLY downside to the placement of the 12 new stations. Remote enough to get little public interest.

Before I bought my Tesla, this is the place I first saw a Tesla and the first place I talked to an actual owner.

I stopped by at lunch (now). All concrete being poured as I type :wink:

Great news, they really seem to be moving fast.

I stopped by at lunch (now). All concrete being poured as I type :wink:

We'll be passing through on our way to/from DC on April 1-3. Fingers crossed that it will be done. Last time we charged at Newark, a week before Thanksgiving, we waited 15 mins to get a charge. I didn't mind it but I wondered how many people saw up to 3 cars waiting and formed a negative opinion about Tesla and EVs that morning.

Ken

Just over at the Newark, SC. Ran onto other S owners, including HankLloydRight. Below are some night time pictures.

pic6.JPG
pic7.JPG

Is there some sort of problem with the lines in Newark?

HAHAHAHAHAHA! Uh, yeh. They're wrong. When the SCs went in, they were fine. Someone (Newark rest stop management?) re-painted the lines and they're off. If you park in the lines, you can't get the SC cable to reach.

It's a running joke for Newark. People always making fun of others for not parking "in the lines!"

HAHAHAHAHAHA! Uh, yeh. They're wrong. When the SCs went in, they were fine. Someone (Newark rest stop management?) re-painted the lines and they're off. If you park in the lines, you can't get the SC cable to reach.

It's a running joke for Newark. People always making fun of others for not parking "in the lines!"

Ha, yes, was just continuing the joke.

In fact last night AlMc and I were there in spots 1A and 2B, leaving the middle two empty. A third MS pulled up not knowing about the lines, and tried to line up using the proper lines for 1B and was way off, of course. As I went over to explain the "line problem", a fourth MS pulled up, and we got everyone situated.

Also, the 3rd MS owner didn't know about the pairing, and wondered why charging was "so slow", so I had to explain that as well.

I really think TM should move to a "color coded" paired SC setup, so the rule is, never park on a paired color where another MS is charging, unless no other spots are available. All this A1/B2 crap is overly complicated and isn't easy to explain. I had one driver tell me that all the "A" stalls are on one bus, and all the "B" stalls on another, so parking 1A and 1B is the best plan. Nope!