Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Newark, DE

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This morning there are 6 wooden creates with Tesla logos on them staged about 200 feet from the existing Supercharging stations. They're in an area that's blocked off with construction barriers. Maybe 6 boxes = 6 additional stations?

Do you mean THESE that we've been discussing in this thread for the last couple of weks, or 6 additional​ crates?

(Incidentally the half-dozen crates = 12 charging stalls)

This morning there are 6 wooden creates with Tesla logos on them staged about 200 feet from the existing Supercharging stations. They're in an area that's blocked off with construction barriers. Maybe 6 boxes = 6 additional stations?

If you read back a few pages those have been there for a few weeks, they are installing 12 new stalls. There are conflicting reports on if they will take the old ones out or leave them.

Thanks, @jaguar36. Somehow I missed all the activity and thought I was posting fresh information. @scaesare, thanks for the snarkiness. It's the same 6 crates, I was just behind the times.

You might find it snarky. I'd like to know if what you are presenting is new information or not.

However, without having any context from you, we are unable to tell. Without your having taken the time to read the thread (or if you have, your post doesn't indicate such), I asked specific questions, and even provided you a link to save you time.

You might want to consider the assumptions you make about other people's motives when you wade in to a thread without bothering to at least skim to see what's been covered and thus toss in possibly incomplete information.

Some pics today... Lots of workers around so I didn't want to get too close and then my phone died. Spoke to one guy, apparently they are tunneling a trench below the parking lot to run power from the transformer next to Starbucks over to the SC. You can see the Starbucks transformer in the last pic.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1456943665.168384.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1456943683.585292.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1456943691.752051.jpg

It really is too bad that they could not have coordinated this with the stand alone Starbucks build.....getting to a source of electrons for the SCs would have been faster and less expensive. The Starbucks is only a couple months old.

pic 1.JPG
pic 3.JPG
pic2.JPG
The trenching was completed in one day and parking area patched! These guys are slick...the SC stall parking spots have been designated and initial layer (not the final grade) of concrete appears to have been poured for the transformer base.
This is the most remote parking area of the entire rest stop so ICIng should not be an issue. But...still an easy walk to the plaza eateries/amenities and the stand alone Starbucks

Last edited:
AIMc and ProtoMM, Thanks for adding to the picture archive! It really is satisfying to be able to see actual progress of the site. I'm guessing they will get all the framing done and then do the concrete pour in one day.
Some workers have asked not to have their pictures taken. Remember these are all contract construction firms. Workers might even be subcontractors for the general contractor who got the bid. So there are several layers of "management" overseeing the project who possibly could see pictures here.

I am on site now. They appear to be ready for the transformer pad concrete pour. The first stall stanchions have been out in place. Less activity right now so I *assume* that that the 'pour' will happen Monday.

Two photos from Sunday afternoon: Very close to being ready for concrete pour with 9 of the 12 stations up/concrete forms; second one shows Starbucks in the distance..an easy walk

photo3.JPG
photo4.JPG

On Friday, someone was parked diagonally across 1B so that it was almost impossible to squeeze a fourth car in. I managed, although it left just a few inches between his front left corner and my car. I was tempted to stay there and point out what an idiotic thing to do that was, but I really wanted coffee. Hopefully the new location will eliminate those kinds of problems.

I was going to post some pictures from Sunday, but AIMc's look better anyhow.