Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Newark, DE

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
newark555.jpg

11:00 AM on the East Coast.

Tesla Customer Service said that Newark has been down since Wednesday morning. They have no estimate on when it will be back up. When asked for an alternative charging location, they suggested the two J-1772 charging stations at the Welcome Center by the truck parking area.

I'm surprised there isn't more chatter here about this temporary closure. It seems like a major disruption for anyone traveling I-95, especially going south.
The J1772's are 18KW. If you have dual chargers you should get over 50 miles per hour of charge. A lot better than running out.

I just spoke to @delanman who was there at noon today and took this photo. No power to any of the stalls. No cones, signs or anything else to indicate that the station is closed or to inform drivers of alternative charging options.
Shouldn't really matter that there aren't any signs, since it says on the 17". However the lack of workmen is disturbing. Did he (or can someone else) take a look if there is any activity going on at the transformer over by the starbucks?

Reported in post 681. Guess was that someone with a bike rack backed into it.
I originally reported the damaged charger on 6/13 .We charged in the stall next to it with no issue that day.
There is no way a bike rack did that damage. That is a significant metal tube. My guess would be the bumper of a very large pickup.
I doubt the outage has anything to do with the damaged charge station. They could simply shut down one Supercharger which would shut down two stations.