Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Newark, DE

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Stopped in Newark today on the way to Baltimore. Three other Ses and an X with hitch blocking three spots. Totally understandable as there are no pull in spots, plus he was sitting in the car, so no complaints there. I'm certainly glad they upgraded this from four stalls.

Looks like someone else had a different impression than I did:

Instagram photo by TeslaMoment • Jun 4, 2016 at 9:33pm UTC

Here is a story that I found on Facebook:

Tesla Supercharger etiquette put forward after a misconduct by a Model X owner

I really don't know the solution. According to the story the car was vacant the entire time the individual had been plugged in.

I believe this location has ample stalls (12?) But it could get a little dicey this summer and during the holidays.

Yes, it's 12 stalls, and from what I hear there wasn't any capacity trouble at that time. I can totally understand charging like this, if you stay with the car so you can move it if things suddenly change. Walking away and leaving it like this is not good, though. I don't think there's really any solution besides trying to make people not be selfish jerks, and that's a tough one.

On another note, I wonder if they hauled that bike all the way from California, and how much it impacts efficiency if so.

That used to be the etiquette, and then Tesla went more mainstream, and less owners are forum members, so they're unaware/don't care.

I felt bad on Sunday because I forgot to put my (laminated!) sign out with my number on it when my friends and I grabbed dinner on the way back from the Vineyard meetup. I *did* need charge, but by the time we got a table the car was full enough that I could've moved it.

I thought the etiquette was to leave a note in the windshield with your cell number if you were going to walk away from your car in a situation like that.
There is a app called charge bump that uses your tag if you are uncomfortable leaving your phone number.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    526.4 KB · Views: 63
Reactions: Max*
Nice idea, but needs a critical mass of users to be effective. It would be cool if Tesla built something like this into the Tesla app, where we could opt-in to having semi-anonymous pings sent to each other.
I agree completely, you should send Tesla an email and suggest it. I think building that functionality into the Tesla app would be priceless.

I agree completely, you should send Tesla an email and suggest it. I think building that functionality into the Tesla app would be priceless.

Got my answer back:

Thank You for contacting Tesla Motors Support. I have sent the feedback you have provided to our team to further look into your request, and Elon himself says it's the most brilliant idea we have seen in quite some time. Please accept 10,000 shares of preferred stock and a seat on our board in appreciation.

So it's looking pretty good.