Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Nipigon, ON

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It’s probably been picked already, except that we haven’t found the permits for it yet.
@Lummock I can think of a few candidate locations:

* County Fair Plaza
* Near Superstore/all the new hotels on the Harbour Expressway
* Intercity Mall itself

It's likely to be along 11/17 or not far off - I'm guessing before the Shabaqua extension, and Intercity is probably too far off the highway to be a candidate. I didn't see anything when I was there in August, but White River and Nipigon hadn't been started yet so that's not a big surprise.

Good luck, and happy hunting! :D

Construction still hasn’t started in Nipigon. Photo by Derek on PlugShare (@Sirdork)
3B23BAA3-A7BD-469E-9D1D-2D857E9791C7.jpeg

I can't find that site on Plugshare, I can only find one called Neepeegon. Must be some other regional Canadian dialect I suppose!

View attachment 467642
I grew up in the area, and I've never seen or heard that spelling of Nipigon - I think it's just a mistake. When I did a Google search for that name the only relevant hit was a book written in 1850 (copied on several sites), there were zero other results.

Progress in Nipigon...the Transformers appear to be in place.View attachment 476336
Looks like the main Hydro One green transformer isn't there yet (it's base, in the foreground, appears covered with a pallette) but all of the Supercharger stuff is there including the pedestals in the boxes on the right. Can also see the conduits for the pedestals, looks like there are no bollards at the moment. I wonder if that's temporary (weather-related), or whether this Supercharger station will permanently have no bollards.