Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Norcross, GA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Moderator note: The first five posts of this thread are a merge of messages from two different threads.

Does anyone know what kind of Chargers are being installed in the Village at Peachtree Corners shopping center, on Peachtree Corners Circle? There are pallets with Tesla Energy wrapping on them at the location.

Attachments

• IMG_2924.jpeg
    IMG_2924.jpeg
    578.8 KB · Views: 263
Last edited by a moderator:
I drove by there this morning and it is open and people were using the superchargers.

Does anyone know what kind of Chargers are being installed in the Village at Peachtree Corners shopping center, on Peachtree Corners Circle? There are pallets with Tesla Energy wrapping on them at the location.
Those are Tesla v3 supercharger cabinets still in their “wrapping paper.” I see 2 of them so maybe an 8 stall supercharger station? But could u provide the exact location so we can get a thread going and get this listed on supercharge.info

Reactions: ChrisC
Those are Tesla v3 supercharger cabinets still in their “wrapping paper.” I see 2 of them so maybe an 8 stall supercharger station? But could u provide the exact location so we can get a thread going and get this listed on supercharge.info
This is the address of the location. It’s surprising to me that this would be more Tesla Superchargers, this is probably less than 500 yards from the superchargers at the Peachtree Corners Town Center. I included another photo showing more of the pallets.

Attachments

• IMG_2927.jpeg
    IMG_2927.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 81
  • IMG_2925.jpeg
    IMG_2925.jpeg
    734.5 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_2929.jpeg
    IMG_2929.jpeg
    797 KB · Views: 60
  • Informative
Reactions: Guacahummus
This is the address of the location. It’s surprising to me that this would be more Tesla Superchargers, this is probably less than 500 yards from the superchargers at the Peachtree Corners Town Center. I included another photo showing more of the pallets.
I initially thought it might be an expansion of the existing Peachtree Corners Supercharger, but now that I see 4 Power Conversion Cabinets, this means its probably going to be a 16 stall install, and I don't see how the garage that the current SC is located in can accommodate 28 SC stalls. It's not totally unheard of for two SC's this close to each other, and I believe there is one in NC like this. This new address is in Norcross, and since Tesla typically goes by the address city, I'll start the SC Norcross thread. If this does end up being an expansion I'm sure one of the mods can merge the posts back to this thread. Nice Find, and it looks like construction has started.

@AtlUtdFan stumbled across what looks like a supercharger install at a shopping center in Norcross GA. This is about a block away from the existing Peachtree Corners Supercharger, but seeing 4 cabinets this looks too big for an expansion, so I decided to get a thread going.

Address:
5270 Peachtree Pkwy
Norcross, GA 30092

Details:
4 Cabinets Pictured
16 Stalls (Speculation)

@Chuq @corywright @Big Earl
I think this site might be considered Norcross, rather than Peachtree Corners

Attachments

• IMG_2927.jpeg
    IMG_2927.jpeg
    216.6 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_2929.jpeg
    IMG_2929.jpeg
    185.8 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_2925.jpeg
    IMG_2925.jpeg
    718 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
Thank you @bmah for doing the thread creation and merge work.

It's very interesting to see so much density in this area, with not only the existing site right next door, but other sites only a couple miles away. Obviously Teslas are popular in this area -- you see them everywhere.

Reactions: Jeremy3292
I drove by the site again today. They seem to be almost ready to install the chargers. They created 16 mounting spots, two of which were put on an island between parking spots instead of at the end of the spot.
IMG_2968.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_2971.jpeg
    IMG_2971.jpeg
    957.9 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_2969.jpeg
    IMG_2969.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 45
Reactions: Guacahummus
10.14.2023 6:30pm

Pedestals are installed with covers removed.

No transformer but conduit is installed. Looks like 1-2 weeks at the most to be working.

Attachments

• IMG_0996.jpeg
    IMG_0996.jpeg
    556 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_0992.jpeg
    IMG_0992.jpeg
    533 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_0993.jpeg
    IMG_0993.jpeg
    526.8 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_0994.jpeg
    IMG_0994.jpeg
    535 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_0995.jpeg
    IMG_0995.jpeg
    688.8 KB · Views: 40
Reactions: AtlUtdFan
In case that image doesn't load for you, he's showing us that Tesla's system now shows this location as online!

Interesting that Tesla calls it Norcross. It's in the Peachtree Corners city limits.
Pic of Norcross & Peachtree Corners borders as shown on Zillow. The Norcross line follows Peachtree Industrial Blvd. and the distance in a straight line is 1.16 miles from the new TSC.

Attachments

• IMG_1118.jpeg
    IMG_1118.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_1119.jpeg
    IMG_1119.jpeg
    759 KB · Views: 20
Some buildings in the same strip mall have Peachtree Corners addresses and some Norcross. All the same zip code. And all are within the city limits of Peachtree Corners according to Google Maps.
I understand but that doesn't negate anything I said. The address for this one is Norcross, which is why Tesla is calling it Norcross. It's really that simple. That's how Tesla has always operated.

OK then, time for some schooling on addressing in the USA.

The difference here, which I was trying to point out by my use of the term "city limits", is that the site that is the subject of this thread is in the city of Peachtree Corners. I'm not talking about mail delivery zones, I'm talking about legally incorporated municipalities, with police forces 'n stuff. Why Google calls it Norcross I don't know, and I'm imagining that's actually an annoyance to the fine folks at/in the City of Peachtree Corners. Yes, the USPS will deliver mail to that address if it's addressed to Norcross, but that's just due to their city alternate name policy. If you look up zip 30092 in the USPS database, it says:

You entered: 30092

RECOMMENDED CITY NAME
PEACHTREE CORNERS GA

OTHER CITY NAMES RECOGNIZED FOR ADDRESSES IN THIS ZIP CODE™
BERKELEY LAKE GA
NORCROSS GA
PEACHTREE COR GA

The Cumberland example is in unincorporated Cobb County. It is in neither Marietta city limits, nor in Smyrna city limits, and actually USPS policy discourages either of those names! Here's what the USPS database says for 30339*, the zip code that the Cumberland site is in:

You entered: 30339

RECOMMENDED CITY NAME
ATLANTA GA

OTHER CITY NAMES RECOGNIZED FOR ADDRESSES IN THIS ZIP CODE™
SANDY SPGS GA
SANDY SPRINGS GA
VININGS GA

Of course that Cumberland site is most certainly not in Atlanta city limits, but that's what the USPS officially prefers to call it.

* and if you want to argue that it's 30067, we can also go down that pedantic path ...

Anyway, just pointing out the oddity. I have not seen Tesla directly contradict city names before. In the case of a naming conflict, they've typically given the newer site a more elaborate name, like "Village At Peachtree Corners", the cringe-y name of the strip mall.

Well, that was fun. Hey, my volunteering to handle the bulk mailings for a non-profit and having to understand USPS regs finally paid off! Carry on, and I'll ponder the opportunity cost of having typed this up instead of doing something productive ...

The Cumberland example is in unincorporated Cobb County. It is in neither Marietta city limits, nor in Smyrna city limits, and actually USPS policy discourages either of those names! Here's what the USPS database says for 30339*, the zip code that the Cumberland site is in:

Of course that Cumberland site is most certainly not in Atlanta city limits, but that's what the USPS officially prefers to call it.

* and if you want to argue that it's 30067, we can also go down that pedantic path ...

Anyway, just pointing out the oddity. I have not seen Tesla directly contradict city names before. In the case of a naming conflict, they've typically given the newer site a more elaborate name, like "Village At Peachtree Corners", the cringe-y name of the strip mall.

Well, that was fun. Hey, my volunteering to handle the bulk mailings for a non-profit and having to understand USPS regs finally paid off! Carry on, and I'll ponder the opportunity cost of having typed this up instead of doing something productive ...
I lived in Cumberland for over 12 years and my address was (hated/fought with the length of Chattahoochee Summit Dr):
Chattahoochee Summit Dr SE
Atlanta, GA 30339

In a Plugshare checkin for this site last night, someone said:

"This is a fairly new site and says it’s 250kw but you won’t even get half close to that. I would say these are more like 150kw max if that, judging by the way the car chargers. Ive plugged into 8 of the 16 stalls here and it’s consistently low without anyone here."

Obviously there are factors besides other cars that determine your charging rate (SOC and battery temp, for two), but he might be on to something. If you get more than 150 kW here, and certainly if you get more than 200 kW, please do a Plugshare checkin! https://www.plugshare.com/location/572482

Coming late to this thread. While the city of Peachtree Corners is the biggest in Gwinnett County, it has only existed for 10 years. It was incorporated mainly because of a dispute with property developers over a proposed high density residential development (apartments) at the current location of the Town Center. Prior to this, everything in Peachtree Corners had a Norcross address, including the post office for zip code 30092. The area of Gwinnett County with a Norcross address is large. The actual city or Norcross is small, mostly just the historic downtown and surrounding neighborhoods, plus the high school.

Some businesses and homeowners still use a Norcross address and the post office will deliver based on either name.

Peachtree Corners is a real city, but pays Gwinnett to handle police and fire, and outsources sanitation.

Maybe this site is being developed because of difficulty with the site at Town Center. It's too bad, as the Town Center site is pretty nice, with clean public bathrooms and plenty of food options.

• Informative
Reactions: ChrisC