Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Athens, GA - Alps Rd.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This new location appears to have 8 pedestals so I guess that would be 16 stalls? It's located in popular Beechwood Shopping Center right next to the new REI and there are half a dozen places to eat within walking distance. There is also a TJ Max, a Fresh Market, Lululemon, and plenty of other points of interest nearby. This makes two Supercharger locations in the area as the other one is located just across the county line at Epps Bridge Center (right by Best Buy)which is about 4 miles to the west and also has plenty of shopping and dining options. Go Dawgs!

• Helpful
Reactions: Guacahummus
This new location appears to have 8 pedestals so I guess that would be 16 stalls? It's located in popular Beechwood Shopping Center right next to the new REI and there are half a dozen places to eat within walking distance. There is also a TJ Max, a Fresh Market, Lululemon, and plenty of other points of interest nearby. This makes two Supercharger locations in the area as the other one is located just across the county line at Epps Bridge Center (right by Best Buy)which is about 4 miles to the west and also has plenty of shopping and dining options. Go Dawgs!
This is different from the existing location at 1791 Oconee Connector, Athens, GA 30606?

If so, can you provide the exact address and some photos of the installation? What is the current status of the site?

Eight pedestals is eight chargers.

Google gives the address of REI as 196 Alps Rd, Athens, GA 30606 and this does appear to be the Beechwood shopping complex mentioned by the OP.

OK, I'm going to pull in THREE posts from other threads about this.

First, this was posted in the Madison GA thread:

Is there perchance an 8-stall expansion occurring here? (Just speculative... see this thread for context)

And that link above was going to this:

From the thread: Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

Just saw 8 chargers (still plastic-wrapped) that look a day or two away from opening in my medium sized NE Georgia college town (home of the 2x defending football champs). The location is right next to the new REI and this addition doubles the number of Tesla stalls and charging spots. Very exciting as this location is very close to me and we are soon to be (Cybertruck pending) a two-Tesla household and only have a one-stall garage with one charger.

I appreciate a good puzzle @Creekstalker but I can't work out this one :p

Only in-progress site in north-east Georgia is Gainesville (with a permit marker), but it could quite easily be somewhere else.

The comment suggests it's an expansion to an existing 8 stall site but the only place that could be is Madison? Nothing in it's dedicated thread, or on Plugshare photos.

I then suggested (there in the Madison thread) that this news be posted in the existing Athens thread instead. But Creekstalker created this new thread instead (fair enough) so I'm just connecting everything together here. FYI I've asked the mods to add "Beechwood" to the thread title to differentiate it from the older Athens GA thread, which is about the 1791 Oconee Connector location. If this turns out to be an expansion of the old site, we can merge these threads, but that seems unlikely given the report.

As it turns out I will be driving near there on Monday or Tuesday, so might detour over to confirm and gather photos.

Last edited:
OK, I'm going to pull in THREE posts from other threads about this.

First, this was posted in the Madison GA thread:

And that link above was going to this:

I then suggested (there in the Madison thread) that this news be posted in the existing Athens thread instead. But Creekstalker created this new thread instead (fair enough) so I'm just connecting everything together here. FYI I've asked the mods to add "Beechwood" to the thread title to differentiate it from the older Athens GA thread, which is about the 1791 Oconee Connector location. If this turns out to be an expansion of the old site, we can merge these threads, but that seems unlikely given the report.

As it turns out I will be driving near there on Monday or Tuesday, so might detour over to confirm and gather photos.
Great. The general SOP is to have a thread for each supercharger, so we're on the right track, and you've done a nice service of pulling the lineage together. Thanks. Now, if we can just find the permit or some photos so the supercharge.info admins can add a pin.

I was indeed able to stop by this afternoon. This site is totally done as far as I can tell, and just needs to be energized and some cosmetics. The pedestals are in place, the cabinets are in place, the utility transformer is there, and even the asphalt is done and painted. I guess there should be some Tesla signs installed, and the pedestals need numbering. But yeah this is pretty much ready to go. It's on the north side of the complex, just north of the REI. Another surprise!

Can someone tag a mod who can change the title of this thread to add "Beechwood" to it? I already tried the reporting mechanism. And of course add it to supercharge.info .

Attachments

• 20230717_181719.jpg
    20230717_181719.jpg
    405.1 KB · Views: 154
  • 20230717_180136.jpg
    20230717_180136.jpg
    318 KB · Views: 72
  • 20230717_180212.jpg
    20230717_180212.jpg
    460.4 KB · Views: 72
  • 20230717_180243.jpg
    20230717_180243.jpg