Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SuperCharger - North Bay, ON

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
To my eyes the connector pedestal is NOT illuminated. As much as we want this and Deep River open and functional I think we need to wait until one of our North Bay members post that it is working with a photo of their charging screen while getting a charge there. Posts saying it is working from those of us in Ottawa or other remote locations is at best speculation and probably even nothing more than wishful thinking. Believe me I really want this one and Deep River open so I can visit family in Sudbury but there seems to be sufficient evidence that this Model X is not charging to quash prior conjecture. Bummer I know.... :(:(:(

Reactions: PLUS EV and GarthG
To my eyes the connector pedestal is NOT illuminated. As much as we want this and Deep River open and functional I think we need to wait until one of our North Bay members post that it is working with a photo of their charging screen while getting a charge there. Posts saying it is working from those of us in Ottawa or other remote locations is at best speculation and probably even nothing more than wishful thinking. Believe me I really want this one and Deep River open so I can visit family in Sudbury but there seems to be sufficient evidence that this Model X is not charging to quash prior conjecture. Bummer I know.... :(:(:(
This one stall was lit and the X connected to it was drawing power, I could hear the fans on the X running. I did not look at the screen so I have no idea how much power was being pulled. I would not rely on this site until all the stalls are usable.

Likewise, Deep River is not active, but power is on, the fans on the main units are running.

Or, if possible, next time someone visits, take a pic of the charge port, and if possible, try unplugging the X and see if your car charges you plug the cable into yours
Err, super-bad etiquette to unplug someone else's vehicle - let's not go down that road. Picture of the charge port seems fine - the illuminated Tesla logo may give you an idea of charge state (blue/green/white), I doubt a Tesla connected to a Supercharger would go to sleep the way a Tesla connected to home charging does since they are not intended to be there for very long at all due to high idle fees.

Err, super-bad etiquette to unplug someone else's vehicle - let's not go down that road. Picture of the charge port seems fine - the illuminated Tesla logo may give you an idea of charge state (blue/green/white), I doubt a Tesla connected to a Supercharger would go to sleep the way a Tesla connected to home charging does since they are not intended to be there for very long at all due to high idle fees.
Say the car was connected for almost 3 days and you need to charge?

Say the car was connected for almost 3 days and you need to charge?
If we're talking about a single-port L2 charger in a public space, then there might be a valid case for that (although first would be to contact whoever owns the charger and let them know so they can deal with it) - this is a very different situation though. This is a single unexpectedly-live pedestal at a not-yet-open Supercharger station where the other 5 pedestals are still off, and I have never heard of a Tesla being left at a station plugged in for this long due to idle fees: Supercharger Idle Fee

Either this person is paying $936/day ($0.65 per minute X 60 minutes X 24 hours) to park their X in that spot after miraculously finding the only active V3 pedestal in all of Canada and laying (expensive) personal claim to it, or this vehicle is there for Tesla's testing - I highly suspect the latter, and if it's the former then they will be paying an appropriately pricy penance for their choice :D

Reactions: outdoors
ill swing by at lunch and and have look and later tonight also. With pictures :)
Awesome, thanks! Looking forward to them - very interested to learn more about this mystery X and it's Supercharger :D

@pmanstuff I'd also be curious for your thoughts as to whether this vehicle has moved at all by looking at the snow around it - it may be apparent whether someone is driving this vehicle daily or whether it has been left for an extended period of time if you are on-site and looking for clues of that.

WOW, If it takes 3 or more days to test each SuC, it will be quite a while until the whole route is even tested.
I suspect this is a much longer one-time testing period for the first V3 Supercharger to be brought online - this is Tesla's first chance to test the new Supercharger in a cold climate, and they are probably trying to characterize its operating parameters and functionality. Hopefully all the rest are far faster after this initial verification test sequence is complete.

I suspect this is a much longer one-time testing period for the first V3 Supercharger to be brought online - this is Tesla's first chance to test the new Supercharger in a cold climate, and they are probably trying to characterize its operating parameters and functionality. Hopefully all the rest are far faster after this initial verification test sequence is complete.
Good thought.