Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - North Bethesda, MD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Stall 3B is working for me tonight (haven’t tried the other ones).

009097BE-729B-41BE-8CEA-28903238C5EE.jpeg

Reactions: vdiv and mociaf9
@Thinkje

OK .. I don’t get it. I was there earlier today with no (zero) success at ANY pedestal. I don't understand how we determine "first visit" in such a scenario.

Seriously, I tried EVERY pedestal ...
When I stopped by on Tuesday night (the day the Supercharger appeared on the Nav map and the Tesla app showed 2 of 8 stalls available), 6 stalls had no power, and stalls 4A and 4B would not charge my car. When I saw somebody checked in on PlugShare on Wednesday afternoon, I looked at the numbers of stalls available on the Tesla app, and the numbers kept changing from 3/8 up to 6/8, so I drove back on Wednesday evening and successfully charged on stall 3B.

Reactions: vdiv
Is anyone else getting very slow charging speeds at this location and Rockville town center. Been to both and never crossing 20kw = 70 mi/hr. That is not the definition of “supercharger”

Attachments

• 7B3189FF-9857-4942-80D7-043340EE8532.jpeg
    7B3189FF-9857-4942-80D7-043340EE8532.jpeg
    426.4 KB · Views: 57
Is anyone else getting very slow charging speeds at this location and Rockville town center. Been to both and never crossing 20kw = 70 mi/hr. That is not the definition of “supercharger”

I got about 23 kW at this Supercharger last week, but my state of charge was already over 70% or so, and it was cold and damp outside. All could have been contributing factors.

Urban Supercharger max kW is around 70 kW, so maybe they're scaling the taper at the same rate as a full Supercharger accidentally.

Is your battery warm before arriving to the Supercharger or are you driving just a couple of miles and plugging in? A cold battery can't charge quickly.

If you are local and need to use this for regular charging, I recommend preconditioning the car from the app for 20 minutes before you leave the house. Once you're in the car, navigate to the Supercharger by selecting its pin on the map and pressing the navigate button. This will continue to heat the battery while en route to the charger.

• Helpful
Reactions: willow_hiller
“If you are local and need to use this for regular charging, I recommend preconditioning the car from the app for 20 minutes before you leave the house. “

I am local but even when I drive 10-15 miles to get the Gaithersburg often times that supercharge station is slow too. It’s hit or miss at that location.

when you say precondition the car from the app 20 mins before use, can you further explain what you mean? Sorry, I’m a newbie with Tesla’s!
Thanks!

A 10-15 minute drive is not enough time to bring a 1,000 pound battery pack up to the temperature required for really fast charging.

Go into the app from your phone and turn climate control on. This will heat the cabin and the battery. Navigating to the Supercharger will further heat the battery.

Reactions: preilly44