Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Oakville, ON - Speers Road

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231212-145727.png
    Screenshot_20231212-145727.png
    406.4 KB · Views: 41
It is up! But this place is busy. I went by to check it out and 6/8 slots were full. It seems to be heavily utilized at least when I was checking it out on the nav screen. Interesting how an 8 stall L3 charging station that would be considered large 5 years ago feels small now. I hope Tesla rolls out larger 20 stall stations in 2024 as the networks becomes open to all EV.

In my opinion, once a minimum charger density is reached, it is more important to have more stalls at each station rather than more stations. This will increase actual usability and availability, allowing drivers to plan their trip with more certainty of charger availability.

It is up! But this place is busy. I went by to check it out and 6/8 slots were full. It seems to be heavily utilized at least when I was checking it out on the nav screen. Interesting how an 8 stall L3 charging station that would be considered large 5 years ago feels small now. I hope Tesla rolls out larger 20 stall stations in 2024 as the networks becomes open to all EV.

In my opinion, once a minimum charger density is reached, it is more important to have more stalls at each station rather than more stations. This will increase actual usability and availability, allowing drivers to plan their trip with more certainty of charger availability.
Yep, Oakville is always full. Mississauga 32 stalls is never busy. And, Sherway always lined up.

Reactions: Dinevski

Better to have more smaller stations where they're needed. If people have to detour to larger stations, they need to make up any range lost by that detour, plus they will be more tempted to make the trip 'worth while' by charging even further.

Once Vega blvd opens, all the commuter routes to Oakville will be well covered, so for a community that appears to be >80% off street parking (charge at home), 8 stalls should suffice for a while.

Reactions: Dinevski