Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Ocala, FL - Hwy 326

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I expect to be driving by here Tuesday of next week and was looking for an address to route to. I see there isn't one in this thread yet. Supercharge.info has the permit marker placed in the middle of the ranch farmland, and examining the permit info provided by Marco (above) I see that this will be at a NEW INTERCHANGE off I-75 -- looks like it will be a new extension of NW 35th Street.

So for now I will navigate to 3400 NW 35th St Rd, Ocala, FL 34475 , just north of an Amazon complex, and see what's happened there so far. I'll also travel up that stretch of I-75 to see what the status of the interchange itself is. Google Streetview passes of Dec 2022 and March 2023 up that stretch show nothing at all.

Finally, I think this thread should be renamed to "Supercharger - Ocala FL Hwy 326".

I expect to be driving by here Tuesday of next week and was looking for an address to route to. I see there isn't one in this thread yet. Supercharge.info has the permit marker placed in the middle of the ranch farmland, and examining the permit info provided by Marco (above) I see that this will be at a NEW INTERCHANGE off I-75 -- looks like it will be a new extension of NW 35th Street.

So for now I will navigate to 3400 NW 35th St Rd, Ocala, FL 34475 , just north of an Amazon complex, and see what's happened there so far. I'll also travel up that stretch of I-75 to see what the status of the interchange itself is. Google Streetview passes of Dec 2022 and March 2023 up that stretch show nothing at all.

Finally, I think this thread should be renamed to "Supercharger - Ocala FL Hwy 326".
Chris

Reactions: X Fan
OK I stopped by as planned. Despite all the bluster from the state govt (as reported above) there is ZERO sign of activity here. The road dead-end at the Amazon facility like it has for a couple years, and there is nothing at the interchange site. No vegetation clearing, no grading, nothing. And there is some topography here that they will have to level out so I do expect a lot of grading activity. I don't think this will be open before next year. Still that would be an acceration of the original plan, since "completion of the interchange had been tentatively scheduled for late 2025" per the first article above.

While pulled over on the highway, I saw a large raptor, possibly a bald eagle!

Attachments

• 20230425_143547.jpg
    20230425_143547.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 131
  • 20230425_142609.jpg
    20230425_142609.jpg
    284.9 KB · Views: 74
  • Informative
Reactions: ablack2004
OK I stopped by as planned. Despite all the bluster from the state govt (as reported above) there is ZERO sign of activity here. The road dead-end at the Amazon facility like it has for a couple years, and there is nothing at the interchange site. No vegetation clearing, no grading, nothing. And there is some topography here that they will have to level out so I do expect a lot of grading activity. I don't think this will be open before next year. Still that would be an acceration of the original plan, since "completion of the interchange had been tentatively scheduled for late 2025" per the first article above.

While pulled over on the highway, I saw a large raptor, possibly a bald eagle!
Thanks for going over there.

Re: build. It’s hard to imagine that an interchange would be started within 2 weeks of funding approval. I imagine they need engineering plans, etc.

From 435209-1 I-75 at NW 49th Street Interchange :

The Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) is constructing a new Diverging Diamond Interchange (DDI) in the area of I-75 and NW 49th Street in Ocala. This interchange will improve interstate and regional mobility within Marion County, accommodate future traffic growth and provide relief to existing surrounding interchanges. These findings are a result of a Project Development and Environment (PD&E) Study for this location that was completed in March 2021.

The project proposes to construct a Diverging Diamond Interchange. This innovative design helps to enhance safety and improve efficiency at the interchange by removing the need for traffic to make left turns in front of oncoming traffic. The project includes pedestrian and bicyclist accommodations, as well as lighting.

Through a funding agreement with Marion County, a Community Aesthetic Feature will be installed on the bridge. Marion County is also overseeing two adjacent projects. One is on the east side on 35th Street and one is to the west to extend 49th Street. More information on those projects is available from Marion County.

They provide a Project Information Handout PDF, dated 11-Sep-2023. From that document:

Project Status and Estimated Costs
PD&E - Complete - $3.4M
Design - Ongoing - completion in 2024 - $5.3M
Right of Way - Ongoing - completion in 2025 - $33.1M
Construction - Beginning in 2025 - $74.7M

I don't know if supercharger construction would wait for that interchange to be completed, but if it does you're probably looking at late 2025 at the earliest.

• Informative
Reactions: X Fan