Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Omaha, NE (8801 West Center Rd.)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Great first and second posts from yourself and @Mr. Nuke!! Tesla is permitting these new Superchargers in quick succession
Kearney appears to report permits monthly, so we'll need to keep an eye on that. North Platte does not report permits online. But with the Omaha and Lincoln sites appearing on Tesla's map last week and both getting permits this week I wouldn't be surprised if both of those aren't in progress either.

1644364975235.png

"will be" is subjective, but Tesla has it on their official map. Those things change a lot but it's fun to dream about. There's one in Council Bluffs already, though, which is pretty nearby.

1647911819241.png

I'm kind of surprised they picked this particular HyVee, it already seems pretty tight on parking as is. I don't shop here regularly but even in mid day the lot is pretty full. As small as the lot is, there is really no "far side of the lot" to place the chargers.
The permit that is posted says there will be 12 EV signs and the attached Google Map shows there are 12 spots that I highlighted in the upper right of the image. So, we'll see if this is where they will be located.

Attachments

• Possible Placement of Chargers for Omaha.JPG
    Possible Placement of Chargers for Omaha.JPG
    65.3 KB · Views: 149
  • Informative
Reactions: mociaf9
I'm kind of surprised they picked this particular HyVee, it already seems pretty tight on parking as is. I don't shop here regularly but even in mid day the lot is pretty full. As small as the lot is, there is really no "far side of the lot" to place the chargers.
On the other had, if Hy-vee is the charging partner this is seemingly the most logical one for transient I-80 traffic as well as being fairly well centered city wise as well.
The permit that is posted says there will be 12 EV signs and the attached Google Map shows there are 12 spots that I highlighted in the upper right of the image. So, we'll see if this is where they will be located.
The permit also specifies the West end of the parking lot. It is seemingly going to go near where AdamY2022 and Trips have observed the survey stakes just South of the Fast and Fresh gas station store.

On the other had, if Hy-vee is the charging partner this is seemingly the most logical one for transient I-80 traffic as well as being fairly well centered city wise as well.

The permit also specifies the West end of the parking lot. It is seemingly going to go near where AdamY2022 and Trips have observed the survey stakes just South of the Fast and Fresh gas station store.
Yeah... this area that you, Trips and AdamY2022 have pointed out seems to be the better option. The one in the northeast is probably too close to the busier West Center road.

Attachments

• Possible Placement of Chargers for Omaha_update.JPG
    Possible Placement of Chargers for Omaha_update.JPG
    134 KB · Views: 146
Saturday, July 23rd the Council Bluffs Service Center is doing another tour from 10 AM to 12. The charger service is based out of there and they should have more info. I'm hoping that they are waiting on the new faster chargers.

The new Hy-Vee on 192nd and Hwy 370 could be a nice location for the next one.