Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger on I26

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Drove to Grand Teton national park and Yellowstone national park this summer in my ex-minivan
Took the 16 from Rapid city to Lusk and then I26 all the way to Jackson hole.
Planning on doing this trip again next year in my MS
Checking the supercharger network, there is a huge gap between Lusk and Jackson Hole.
Wish Tesla puts up a SC either at Riverton/Dubois/shoshoni on way to Jackson hole

Drove to Grand Teton national park and Yellowstone national park this summer in my ex-minivan
Took the 16 from Rapid city to Lusk and then I26 all the way to Jackson hole.
Planning on doing this trip again next year in my MS
Checking the supercharger network, there is a huge gap between Lusk and Jackson Hole.
Wish Tesla puts up a SC either at Riverton/Dubois/shoshoni on way to Jackson hole

You must mean US-26. I-26 is in the Carolinas.
Also, US-16 and US-26 don't go all the way to Lusk, WY so I think the route you describe is:
US-16
US-85
US-18
I-25(US-26)
US-26

It's 384 miles from Lusk, WY to Jackson, WY. Given the spacing Tesla uses for cold-weather locations, it'd need 3 between them.
Casper, WY is an obvious choice, since it's on I-25 and US-26.
The Shoshoni, WY and Dubois, WY would keep distances between the Superchargers around 100 miles.

You must mean US-26. I-26 is in the Carolinas.
Also, US-16 and US-26 don't go all the way to Lusk, WY so I think the route you describe is:
US-16
US-85
US-18
I-25(US-26)
US-26

It's 384 miles from Lusk, WY to Jackson, WY. Given the spacing Tesla uses for cold-weather locations, it'd need 3 between them.
Casper, WY is an obvious choice, since it's on I-25 and US-26.
The Shoshoni, WY and Dubois, WY would keep distances between the Superchargers around 100 miles.
You are right
My mistake in identifying the route
Current supercharger location has me take the I90 rapidcity, Gillette,Sheridan,Bozeman,west yellow stone and finally reaching Jackson hole
An extra 200-250 miles trip
And missing the great scenic drive the US18 and US26 had to offer.

I have found something nice with the Tesla nav. If you have the steaming pile called the Beta Trip Planner turned off so that it doesn't freak out at you, it will realize to do the route that is shorter and uses less energy with lower speed limits, if that's the way to make it work for the battery range you have, rather than trying to send you on a longer interstate route that is faster on time, but uses more energy.

I did that from Boise Idaho to Elko Nevada, turning south at Mountain home, in one shot--238 miles. Google maps will send you through Twin Falls, then south, then backtrack west, because it's less time, but the Tesla nav realizes that the speed limits are a lot lower on the small highways, so you can take the shorter route.