Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Orangeburg, NY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A new supercharger location already well under construction in Orangeburg, NY. Orangetown Shopping Center is corner of Dutch Hill Rd and W. Orangeburg Rd. Not sure how this snuck by me, construction is almost complete. 12 stalls of v3 (no magic dock). There's an Electrify America on the other end of the shopping center. Convenient off and on from Palisades Parkway exit 6

IMG_6039.jpeg

IMG_6040.jpeg

IMG_6041.jpeg

Nice! Was at that shopping center the other day after a lot of driving in the cold and rain. Could have really used a little juice with my CCS adaptor but those EA stalls were mostly broken, I felt really bad for all the people waiting and was calculating getting up at 10% so I didn't bother.

Would it be possible to share some photos showing the posts illuminated & numbered? It's not yet showing up in the mobile app (but is suggesting open on https://www.tesla.com/findus/location/supercharger/27464). A photo of the charging post to see if it may include MagicDock also would be helpful

Note Gansevoort, NY recently was found open by someone charging, is still not in the app almost a week later, but is shown as open on the findus map.

Last edited:
Thanks - yes, a quick run out to the car and I see it in mine too. The question about MagicDock was to try to possibly correlate this site with Gansevoort as it's not in the app and has MagicDock. Wondering if there was some new procedure for opening MagicDock sites on the app by Tesla.

You might be able to report the issue by rating the current charging session in the app (if it offers you the choice - this may or may not be available though). You might also be able to send an e-mail reporting the issue to [email protected] - at one point this was a valid means of reporting supercharger issues, but it's not clear if it still is. I just forwarded this issue to that address myself, but feel free to do so too if you might be able to provide additional first hand details of the issue.

EDIT: I've confirmed this is still a valid means of reporting urgent issues, but understand many issues such as posts not working at all are likely automatically detected and triaged for repair by the Tesla supercharger team. Probably best to use this reporting mechanism for physical post or cable damage, or other items that might not be detected automatically (quite likely like this issue).

Last edited:
I can confirm, the supercharger site is now open. The stalls have been converted to "magic dock". The red "Tesla Vehicle Charging Only" signs and posts have all been removed. I can only guess that this site is one of the federally subsidized installations and most likely required the CCS1 capability despite the fact that everyone is switching to the Tesla NACS connector.

IMG_7906.jpeg

IMG_7905.jpeg

IMG_7907.jpeg