Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - LaGrange, NY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Tdreamer

Plaid Supercharger
Supporting Member
Sep 10, 2017
Bedford, Massachusetts
Tesla is constructing a 12-stall supercharger in LaGrange at the Tops Supermarket with an address of 16 Jon J Wagner Wy, Lagrangeville, NY 12540. This is the site of an existing EVolve, NY charging station. Site find credit to MarcoRP. The project was approved by the planning board in March 2023. This site may already be under construction.

1704911184919.png

Reactions: corywright
Visited today, looks complete except transformer. Transformer pad has remnants of sealing foam so if I had to guess transformer may have failed during installation. Note meter has been installed usually the last step. Utility is Central Hudson G & E. Nice location close to Taconic Parkway with dinner and supermarket within walking distance, pretty scene next to pond with turtles (see sign) . Hopefully transformer will be installed in a reasonable time.

Attachments

• IMG_0392.jpg
    IMG_0392.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_0391.jpg
    IMG_0391.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_0390.jpg
    IMG_0390.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_0389.jpg
    IMG_0389.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_0388.jpg
    IMG_0388.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_0387.jpg
    IMG_0387.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 45
  • Helpful
Reactions: Tdreamer
Thanks so much for the update & photos. MagicDock confirmed.

I'll add that the charging posts are numbered already, which usually means Tesla has come by and done at least partial commissioning. The empty pad looks like it may have had equipment mounted on it, but subsequently removed. ???

Last edited:
I was there a few days before Christmas to see if they were active (been installed for months). I saw a couple of contractors working on them and decided to ask them if they knew the ETA for the stations to be activated. The one guy who was working on it stated that they had a blown transformer and they were fixing it that day and then Tesla would have to deploy them. Stated that hopefully by Christmas they would be activated. A month later and they're still not active yet 😔

I was there on Friday, January 26 and this location is still not online. I drive a Ford F150 Lightning and these do have the Magic Dock adapter built in and it appears I'd be able to charge at the stations on either end without blocking other Tesla vehicles. I live 15 minutes from here and it would be nice to have reliable DC fast charging in the event I can't charge at home on my Level 2 (e.g., power outage). The NYEvolve chargers at this same location are unreliable. Only 2 out of 4 are reported working. Once Tesla opens up their network to Ford and I buy an adapter, the Clinton Corners, NY location is 4.7 miles away from me. I have charged at two other Magic Dock locations, one in March in Red Hook, NY just to try it out and the other is Saratoga on a road trip). I had to park at an angle to charge, but knowing that I would have move if other vehicles could not charge.

I was there on Friday, January 26 and this location is still not online. I drive a Ford F150 Lightning and these do have the Magic Dock adapter built in and it appears I'd be able to charge at the stations on either end without blocking other Tesla vehicles. I live 15 minutes from here and it would be nice to have reliable DC fast charging in the event I can't charge at home on my Level 2 (e.g., power outage). The NYEvolve chargers at this same location are unreliable. Only 2 out of 4 are reported working. Once Tesla opens up their network to Ford and I buy an adapter, the Clinton Corners, NY location is 4.7 miles away from me. I have charged at two other Magic Dock locations, one in March in Red Hook, NY just to try it out and the other is Saratoga on a road trip). I had to park at an angle to charge, but knowing that I would have move if other vehicles could not charge.
It’s like you won’t have to buy that adapter.