Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No I don't but I thought I read on one of these threads that the landlord pays for the electricity.

Ok, if the property owner pays for the electricity then it is not a cash grab because the revenue generated by the parking helps offset the costs. This Urban charging is not free to the Tesla owner but a great convience. Not a cash grab.

If the property owner does not pay for the electricity, and the charging car does not create any incremental costs to the owner then this is a cash grab. I know this because after I present the ticket for payment, the machine grabbed my cash.

• Funny
Reactions: MarcoRP and mrElbe
Implementation would it be its own challenge, but what would be the impact of offering all Teslas free parking for 2 hours. In that event, a Tesla owner doesn't need to occupy a charging stall, it can't be abused by those who live nearby and just want parking all day or overnight, and it would be a small perk for Tesla owners as well as encourage patronizing the Rideau Centre and nearby businesses.

Given the number of Teslas on the continent for the next year or two, it would be a small concession. Perhaps revisit when Teslas start to outnumber Hondas.

How to automate authenticating whether it was a Tesla that just passed through the parking gate, well that is another story...

Implementation would it be its own challenge, but what would be the impact of offering all Teslas free parking for 2 hours. In that event, a Tesla owner doesn't need to occupy a charging stall, it can't be abused by those who live nearby and just want parking all day or overnight, and it would be a small perk for Tesla owners as well as encourage patronizing the Rideau Centre and nearby businesses.

Given the number of Teslas on the continent for the next year or two, it would be a small concession. Perhaps revisit when Teslas start to outnumber Hondas.

How to automate authenticating whether it was a Tesla that just passed through the parking gate, well that is another story...

Why do we need a perk. Just because we get some parking for free and the charge as part of our purchase agreement does not mean a private organization needs to give us free parking.

Build it an we will come...regardless of the cost, we need it we will charge. Free market economy.

Why do we need a perk. Just because we get some parking for free and the charge as part of our purchase agreement does not mean a private organization needs to give us free parking.

Build it an we will come...regardless of the cost, we need it we will charge. Free market economy.
It’s less a ‘perk’, and more a desire for a quid pro quo. EV drivers don’t park in front of gas pumps, and we’d appreciate it if gas cars didn’t park in front of EV chargers.

Reactions: MarcoRP
IMG_8703.JPG
IMG_8702.JPG
Says: Supercharging on 3rd floor
IMG_8701.JPG

Tomorrow we'll be heading to Ottawa to visit family. We might go and use the Superchargers at Rideau. We will also check out the Casselman Supercharger. I'll be looking forward to taking photos of that. Merry Christmas! I love the gifts we're getting from Tesla ;)

Reactions: PStewart and Knox
IMG_0060.JPG

So yesterday we went to Ottawa to see the light show on the parliament and we went to the Ottawa SuC. Finding it is relatively difficult but the trick is to drive in clockwise circles. Down at P3, there was not a SINGLE car parked except us and later another Tesla. Now, there are already a lot of photos of this site so I will download them on PlugShare Web v2 , like always.

What I more wanted to talk about are the FLO chargers. They are WAY too easy to find. Now, I thought that since you pay for parking, you get a little rebate on charging. It was wrong as hell, it is twenty (YES, 20!) dollars per hour! Adding that to the parking fees, it is $23/hour! I think we finally found something more expensive than KSI!!! More photos below

Attachments

• IMG_0022.JPG
    IMG_0022.JPG
    458.5 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_0025.JPG
    IMG_0025.JPG
    283.2 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_0064.JPG
    IMG_0064.JPG
    428.6 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_0088.JPG
    IMG_0088.JPG
    387.2 KB · Views: 122
View attachment 268912
So yesterday we went to Ottawa to see the light show on the parliament and we went to the Ottawa SuC. Finding it is relatively difficult but the trick is to drive in clockwise circles. Down at P3, there was not a SINGLE car parked except us and later another Tesla. Now, there are already a lot of photos of this site so I will download them on PlugShare Web v2 , like always.
Thanks for the photos. The big news here is that they have installed proper no-parking signs!

I was here Saturday (Dec 30) afternoon on my way from Montreal back to Toronto. I was scared when I saw "parking lot full" sign blocking the entrance, with about 60km left in battery. I had to get a security guy to move the sign and let us into the parking. I would probably end up staying in Ottawa for a night if we could not get into the parking.

This was during the Boxing Week so I guess the parking situation was crazier than usual.

• Informative
Reactions: SmartElectric