Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
From PlugShare on March 30, 2018: “This is a gated garage. The owner has full control over access. We arrived there with 10% left on a day when the garage was closed. Our travel plans were ruined. We're now on hour five of trying to charge. Tesla was not aware of the closure.”
This is eight Superchargers BTW.

Seems the price of parking has gone up to $4/hour or $2/30 minutes as compared to what used to be $3/hour

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, the battery is currently getting 117kw outside at Watertown NY and the Ottawa stalls are in a heated garage so I don't think cold was the issue. Topped out at 52kw charging today at Ottawa which is supposed to be 72kw, and we were the only car charging. It jumped to zero several times too - I think there must have been some issue, either with the bay or the utility...

Well, the battery is currently getting 117kw outside at Watertown NY and the Ottawa stalls are in a heated garage so I don't think cold was the issue. Topped out at 52kw charging today at Ottawa which is supposed to be 72kw, and we were the only car charging. It jumped to zero several times too - I think there must have been some issue, either with the bay or the utility...
In my experience, that parking garage is not heated, except by the heat of the earth. Even if it was, it wouldn't instantly warm your battery. Slower Supercharging in colder temperatures is a fact of life, unless your battery is good and warm from a long drive.

In my experience, that parking garage is not heated, except by the heat of the earth. Even if it was, it wouldn't instantly warm your battery. Slower Supercharging in colder temperatures is a fact of life, unless your battery is good and warm from a long drive.

Thanks. Had just driven for two hours straight before plugging in with no cold battery warning. I suspect it was a bad stall perhaps.

I was charging here today for 75 minutes and I too never got above 52kW on any of the 3 chargers I tried. Annyongly low rate when one is also paying just to be inside. However, a model 3 beside me did see 65kW. Desperately need the Brockville SC in winter as Kingston is just that little bit to far for comfort.
Kingston SC to Ottawa is 194 km - easily reachable in any Tesla in any weather. Or are you going beyond Ottawa from Kingston (or vice versa)?

I have gone Kingston SC, Casselman SC when staying in Ottawa. Casselman is a regular SC and it is only 50km outside the city.
Casselman can give you a few days charge for appointments and then you can hit either Casselman or Kingston depending if you are heading to Montreal or Toronto direction. Looking forward to Brockville SC.