Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Owatonna, MN

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Updated Permit filed for Owatonna July 5 start date.
https://mn.itic.occinc.com/mnrecApp/ticketSearchAndStatusView.jsp?enc=uPVsErPBQUHF+JluP8JIaAEBmEebq/8ZyyaXyRx+glg6iNVXEp6ls72BSBxvQypm

Screen Shot 2023-06-30 at 4.33.41 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-06-30 at 4.36.43 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-06-30 at 4.36.43 PM.png
    254.1 KB · Views: 56
I wouldn’t trust start dates from dig tickets. I have seen many of these go weeks to months before work starts. And not to nitpick but this isn’t a permit. There are no approvals or inspections related to these and no government oversight. It is a safety/common courtesy thing to let others know you are digging and make sure you don’t break anything while you do it.

• Informative
Reactions: MattChristian
Boom! New player in the Construction game. Never seen them work in MN. I have to think co's. have to be excited to get a Tesla constructuction bid. Not the new drop in sites this time...... Interesting to see the actual plans for the site.

Owatonna SC update. 9 of the 12 bases are in. 2 Pallets arrived today. Curious what was in them in. After deciphering the tags. Thinking they are 2 DCFC from Lincoln Electric. I would think there is 2 dispensers per box. But maybe just 1 each. (Permit showed 14 chargers. Probably CCS1 connectors.
Lincoln Electric has been providing "switchboard" equipment for superchargers for V3 equipment. The latest Lincoln Nebraska supercharger that just opened has it explicitly shown on the permit and Lincoln Electric boxes were photographed at the Omaha supercharger we are still waiting on with the same model number depicted in your photo.

Lincoln Electric has been providing "switchboard" equipment for superchargers for V3 equipment. The latest Lincoln Nebraska supercharger that just opened has it explicitly shown on the permit and Lincoln Electric boxes were photographed at the Omaha supercharger we are still waiting on with the same model number depicted in your photo.
Ok, it is the 2 boxes for 12 chargers that seems odd while the one you posted only has 1.

Someone on the FB group mentioned they might be two CCS DCFC chargers. One of the original picture posts when the equipment was delivered showed 4 identical ABB boxes - I’m wondering if those are 4 CCS cables for something like a pair of ABB Terra 184s. Though, on second thought, those boxes don’t seem large enough to fit the beefy cables that I’ve seen Terra 184s use.

IMG_7728.jpeg

Photo credit: D.E. from Facebook

• Informative
Reactions: MattChristian
Yeah, with everyone switching to NACS, doubt they will spend any more money on magic dock. Also, all is teslas boxes say Tesla and have QR codes. That box does not so it’s likely for another type of charger. Do you see any conduit stubs or bases that do not look like the Tesla ones?