Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Palm Springs, CA (LIVE 19 Jun 2019, 11 urban + 12 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2FDDEA8B-23C7-4835-A76D-D74DAD45F366.jpeg
North side of covered parking lot today

How long until its shown as available on the Tesla website? Im going to PHX from LAX next week and this would be a great place to recharge.
On the website or in the car's navigation? Usually a newly activated site will show up in the car's nav within about a week. Though sometimes it takes longer. After it shows up in the nav, it usually shows up on Tesla's website map sometime up to about 2 weeks later. Though, again, this might also take longer. In reality it's very hit-or-miss. Some sites get updated on both systems within ~5 days. Some sites still aren't updated a month and a half later.

Anyone know the charge rates its giving? And dumb question is it officially open?
Depends on your definition of “official”. It appears that people are able to charge there. Check your in car nav to see if it shows up, if that is what you mean by “official”.

Charging rate will be standard V2 rates, so it depends on your Tesla model and firmware. And of course the SOC level you arrive at the Supercharger with.

I visited this location today with my new Tesla 3. It seems to be a Supercharger setup. Construction appears to be done. On a hutch, I tried connecting the charger to my car and it WORKED! It seemed free too because I haven’t even set up a credit card yet on my profile.

Will

You don’t need a credit card in your profile to use the superchargers but once you hit around $50 in cumulative charges without paying, they’ll block your supercharging access until you pay the amount due and add a card.

Your car will tell you you’ve been blocked and need to make a payment.