Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Palm Springs, CA (LIVE 19 Jun 2019, 11 urban + 12 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No, the one I’m talking about is the big on in Rancho Mirage.. NOT the one in Cabazon. Might as well be called Palm Springs west. So, you don’t have to drive all the way to Cabazon (indeed more like 33 MILES west of this one in Rancho Mirage - Palm Springs West) so it’s relatively pretty close to the new Palm Springs location, or the Destination Chargers at that mall downtown, or the “Palm Springs” one just north on I-10 from ? Eisenhower ?
I think part of the confusion here is that Rancho Mirage is actually EAST of Palm Springs.

No, the one I’m talking about is the big on in Rancho Mirage.. NOT the one in Cabazon. Might as well be called Palm Springs west. So, you don’t have to drive all the way to Cabazon (indeed more like 33 MILES west of this one in Rancho Mirage - Palm Springs West) so it’s relatively pretty close to the new Palm Springs location, or the Destination Chargers at that mall downtown, or the “Palm Springs” one just north on I-10 from ? Eisenhower ?
The Rancho Mirage chargers about 12 miles east of Palm Springs, are located at The River on the northwest corner of Hwy 111 and Bob Hope. they are located in the parking lot on the north side, adjacent to the post office Twenty four urban charges, most of which are located under solar panels. There are several restaurants in The River, and a Ben & Jerry’s. A Starbucks is across the street in the shopping center.

Rancho Mirage there are 24 urban chargers ..it’s at a mall called The River ..pretty much this place got emptied out during Covid ..RM is a separate city from Palm Springs and is actually east of PS.

BA6721C4-DB35-4B89-BD2F-69AB14DD0599.png

Stopped by last night and the V3 units are now powered on and functional! Great expansion and needed here...

View attachment 726344
I guess their website hasn’t updated. It still show just 11 chargers.

Well, bad news. These were a “temporary closure” all weekend long. No power to any of the superchargers, V3 or original urban superchargers. The street above ground looked like it had been freshly trenched for a newer transformer. Hopefully they have it resolved soon, big inconvenience during Halloween weekend.

• Informative
Reactions: mociaf9 and Need
Has anyone had a good charging experience here? I tried three different SCs and could only manage 35 kWh, down to 20 kWH at the end.. totally useless unless just plugging in while shopping.. certainly nothing useful and certainly not 250 kWH.. several other people were saying the same thing.

Why does this App show 11 when there are 24 charging stalls?
Which app are you talking about? If you mean the thread title here on TMC, you've misread it or missed part of the title that may not be fully displaying depending on screen sizing. The title shows 23 supercharger stalls but has them explicitly split between the 11 urban superchargers that only provide up to 72 kW and the 12 V3 superchargers that provide up to 250 kW.

This location is a huge addition to the Palm Spring area. I went through here twice this weekend and Indio had a long wait both times. I happened to notice the V3 chargers on the screen in the car. The 12 V3 chargers had plenty room and made for a quick stop.

Maybe @MarcoRP can fix the Supercharger info file so it shows the additional 12.