Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Peoria, AZ

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Guacahummus

Supporting Member
Jul 11, 2020
Tex 📐

Attachments

• 1696805461498.png
    1696805461498.png
    364.1 KB · Views: 117
East valley complaints coming in ……
Or me complaining about wanting to go from Vegas to Grand Canyon and having to charge in Kingman to well over 90% during winter and the 3000’ elevation change. Wish Tesla had put SC at Williams instead of the GC and do destination chargers at GC. So is there that many Teslas in Phoenix that don’t have overnight charging?

Or me complaining about wanting to go from Vegas to Grand Canyon and having to charge in Kingman to well over 90% during winter and the 3000’ elevation change. Wish Tesla had put SC at Williams instead of the GC and do destination chargers at GC. So is there that many Teslas in Phoenix that don’t have overnight charging?
Yes, tons of locals charging all the time in PHX. :( Maybe lots of Uber drivers... Or simply lots of apartment dwellers.
The Kingman upgrade was huge for I-40 Route, but a supercharger in Seligman and/or Williams would be great!

I was there about noon today, Wednesday, March 20th - kind of tough to find, it is a huge, beautiful, new shopping center. with the stores clustered in the middle, and parking all around. This charging station is on the east side, just east of Massage Envy - Park West:
9744 W Northern Ave
STE 1340
Peoria, AZ 85345

The 16 charging stations all look done except for assigning numbers to each charging station. I assume all chargers get assigned numbers? I tried to charge, but was not able to, I placed the plug in my car, but no electricity was delivered to the car.

I keep looking in my car screen to see if this supercharging location shows up, but it has not. I will keep checking. I am around the area every 2-4 weeks, so I can stop by again as well.

As a bonus to anyone who is nearby, the Tesla service station/sales center at 9245 W Glendale has the CyberTruck back (from losing it to Vegas for the Superbowl)! I saw it today, first time I saw it close up in person and able to sit in it - it appears to me as a very solid vehicle, when this is priced at $60K and $80K, I think it will be very compelling to a new truck buyer, I don't think Tesla will have to worry about demand for a long while! :)
1710971944327.png

1710971977959.png

1710972016789.png

Reactions: Limited
I asked the contractor about how long these stations take to install. He only talked about this site. He said normally you could do an install like this in 1 to 3 months, but there was something the SRP changed that added a lot of time. (SRP - Salt River Project - is one of the two big utilities in this part of AZ. The other is APS - Arizona Public Services - and they both have different procedures (and rebate programs).

He didn't know which site around Phoenix would be the next one to be installed.

This location was a bit hard to find, and I wonder if it will get ICE'd somewhat. I was there on a Thursday afternoon, and while I saw little foot traffic in this outdoor mall, the parking lot was mostly full. Made it hard to spot the SC's. They are way back on one edge of the property.

Reactions: desertrunner