Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Perry, OK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Enjoy Perry!

When driving in Oklahoma the signage before some of the cities will list some of the attractions with a banner to "Enjoy" the city. For those who stop by the Supercharger in Perry, at first glance it appears that only the Subway and McDonald's are the dining locations. Even Tesla's website doesn't list one very popular dining choice. Let's start by mentioning that you can drive into town to visit the Perry Welcome Center. The surprise for me was seeing the various manufacturing locations for Ditch Witch spread throughout the town. A quick stop at Wal*Mart provided an opportunity to do some shopping as well.

IMG_6854.jpeg
IMG_6851.jpeg

Returning to the Supercharger, the big rigs are a reminder of the days of needing gasoline. Here there are four dining choices including Subway, McDonald's, Taco Mayo and my favorite, Braum's. There are no sidewalks, so if the grass is dry then enjoy the 3/10s of a mile walk when you want to enjoy the Braum's menu or to get an ice cream after enjoying one or more of the other fast food locations. I walked to Braum's for dessert first, had a taco at Taco Mayo, a Filet of Fish at McDonalds and a 6" Tuna Sub at Subway. No matter who is traveling with you, there is something for everyone. I had fun turning the charging opportunity into a four course meal with many choices. I look forward to visiting Perry again earlier in the day when the Welcome Center is open. Have fun and "Enjoy Perry!"

IMG_6872.jpeg
IMG_6863.jpeg
IMG_6864.jpeg
IMG_6870.jpeg
IMG_6868.jpeg

What was wrong with it? I've been there six or eight times and there hasn't been any particular problem.

Try showing up after midnight with a wife and two little girls. Then, the oldest girl starts reading the contents of the vending machines on the bathroom walls and the youngest informs my wife that "someone left their panties beside the trashcan, and should we take them to the lost and found?"

Seriously, there's a HIE across the highway! How in the world with the SC team pick the place in Perry?

Try showing up after midnight with a wife and two little girls. Then, the oldest girl starts reading the contents of the vending machines on the bathroom walls and the youngest informs my wife that "someone left their panties beside the trashcan, and should we take them to the lost and found?"

Seriously, there's a HIE across the highway! How in the world with the SC team pick the place in Perry?

I tell ya, this issue would NEVER happen at a Buc-Ee's...

(on the other hand, any families driving ICEs and stopping for Gasomoline at the Travel Plaza at that hour would be in the self-same situation ...right?)

Last edited:
the oldest girl starts reading the contents of the vending machines on the bathroom walls and the youngest informs my wife that "someone left their panties beside the trashcan, and should we take them to the lost and found?"

The supercharger has a restroom?

As we've all probably experienced, Tesla is not immune to bonehead moves. A toss-up between fast food grub and not, most likely?

It's the Mobil station it's attached to. OKC can't come online fast enough. I see zero reasons to use Perry once it comes online.

Yeah - that place was dumpy and I didn't feel totally comfortable there by myself either - even when it was still daylight. This is a pic of the not completely paved parking lot looking out from the supercharger stalls - notice the Breaking Bad'esque RV in the background - was expecting a pantsless Walter White to stumble out of there. :tongue:
11255826_10153305519272720_2139926213677134878_n.jpg

Gotcha. Denise always walks to Rotten Ronnie's across the street so she's never been in the ladies room at the truck stop.

Yeah - that place was dumpy and I didn't feel totally comfortable there by myself either - even when it was still daylight. This is a pic of the not completely paved parking lot looking out from the supercharger stalls - notice the Breaking Bad'esque RV in the background - was expecting a pantsless Walter White to stumble out of there. :tongue:

Maybe a note on plugshare that a daylight visit is best and sidearm not required, but recommended. :)

That RV was there on 7/23 and 7/27. My wife and I also joked about Breaking Bad. We were glad Texas CHLs are reciprocal with Oklahoma.