Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Perry, OK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Perry is temporarily offline after having been rammed by a truck

Photo from Twitter

View attachment 573964

I have driven thru and used this Supercharger twice recently, once in May, and again in July.
The Supercharger stall closest to the equipment storage area was damaged, might have not been operable.

This location was in poor condition both times, there was also damage to the service station and the McDonald's sign down the road.

During July's visit, I noticed they had begun some repairs to the service station building and roof.

Oklahoma gets some hella strong Winds, those and the blowing debris can knock stuff around

• Informative
Reactions: TexasDuke
I have driven thru and used this Supercharger twice recently, once in May, and again in July.
The Supercharger stall closest to the equipment storage area was damaged, might have not been operable.

This location was in poor condition both times, there was also damage to the service station and the McDonald's sign down the road.

During July's visit, I noticed they had begun some repairs to the service station building and roof.

Oklahoma gets some hella strong Winds, those and the blowing debris can knock stuff around
I used it four times in July. The pickets around the Superchargers were damaged by the high winds or small tornado (don't know which). The picture posted above doesn't appear any different than my last visit there other than the yellow tape. I think it was after yours (27th) because the facia repair on the building was almost complete. I did use the stall closest to the Supercharger equipment and it worked fine. Hope the get it back online soon as I'm going to need it again shortly.

• Informative
Reactions: TexasDuke
The supercharger is showing a temporary closure in the navigation system as I type this.
image.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: mociaf9
Chargers are working fine today. Gas station is a disgusting dump, though. Hopefully the new Love’s truck stop being built across the street will will make the 66 clean up their place or go out of business.
It would be even nicer if Tesla installed upgraded V3 chargers over at Love’s.

• Love
Reactions: ElectricIAC
Gas station is a disgusting dump, though.
Unfortunately, that's true. When we first started using Perry (when the SCs were first opened there), it was not so bad but it's been left to deteriorate, and the new management hasn't done anything about improving it. There is a real need for another location or three along this route. (FWIW, I've driven from Perry to Denton when Ardmore was unavailable--carefully).

Since I have the CCS adapter, when I passed through the area in June, I charged at the Electrify America station in Blackwell, largely to avoid the problems I had seen with Perry when I was planning the trip.

Tesla needs to show some love on I-35 in Oklahoma, and I think a location closer to where 35 and 44 meet would work much better for traffic to/from the Dallas/Fort Worth area. A supercharger is also badly needed near where I-40 meets the Indian Nation Turnpike, to fill a long gap between OKC and Fort Smith, AR.

Since I have the CCS adapter, when I passed through the area in June, I charged at the Electrify America station in Blackwell, largely to avoid the problems I had seen with Perry when I was planning the trip.

Tesla needs to show some love on I-35 in Oklahoma, and I think a location closer to where 35 and 44 meet would work much better for traffic to/from the Dallas/Fort Worth area. A supercharger is also badly needed near where I-40 meets the Indian Nation Turnpike, to fill a long gap between OKC and Fort Smith, AR.
I always thought Winstar (Thackerville) and Riverwind (Moore) would make a great place to throw down some 24 pack V3’s. Checotah (69/40) or Henryetta would make a good break between OKC and Van Buren.

A replacement location would be wonderful in Wichita, while we’re asking for things..

I charged at this one last night and didn't think it was that bad. In fact I thought the convenience store looked cleaner and more organized than it did the other times I visited. The Love's looks within a couple months of opening. It will offer some nice options. Easy to cross the street over there late at night. Not sure how busy that road gets during the daytime but I doubt it would be too tough to cross.